Project Manager - Secret Clearance Required
Work Where it Matters
Akima Systems Engineering (ASE), an Akima company, is not just another federal systems support contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ASE, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , ASE provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , ASE delivers solutions in maritime IT, systems engineering, and integration across the Department of Defense and stands ready to help improve operational performance at a reasonable and sustainable cost.
As an ASE employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Systems Engineering is currently seeking Project Manager to support the Seaport DHA Contract.
- Oversee project in accordance with contract requirements and customer expectations.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; conducting audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing changes, as required.
- Responsible for specific metrics on projects including, but not limited to, CPARS, CDRLS, Days Sales Outstanding (DSO), Employee Turnover, Gross Margin, and Safety.
- Must be able to effectively manage personnel that are onsite as well as working remotely.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, tracking labor and expenses, monitoring ceiling and funding limits, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures effective contract management is taking place by applying service delivery management best practices (e.g., PMI based practices).
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to all issues associated with contract execution and customer satisfaction in support of business operations.
- Interface with and effectively and openly communicate with customers and subcontractors.
- Ten (10) years of direct work experience with LAN or Wireless LAN Communications.
- Eight (8) years of direct work experience, to include: Design, Development, Production, Installation, and Test & Evaluation of LAN and/or Wireless LAN Communications.
- Four (4) years as manager of Military Health Systems Projects to include: Supervising Project Personnel and/or team, Scheduling Work & Balancing Resources, Preparing Engineered Cost Estimates, experience ordering and/or transporting equipment and material, and Logistics Management.
- Experience may be achieved simultaneously; individual shall have knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures and individual shall have written and oral communications abilities commensurate with this management role.
- BS degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Business, Project Management.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ASE00557