Project Manager Facilities & Operations
Work Where it Matters
Akima Facilities Operations (AFO), an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AFO, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AFO provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AFO sustains mission readiness and ensures quality of life by maintaining high value assets and operations at peak performance and successfully manages these operations through accurately forecasting, managing, and aggressively controlling costs.
As an AFO employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Are you looking for your next opportunity? Look no further! Apply today!
AFO is looking for a Facilities O&M Support Project Manager (PM) to oversee the planning and management of facility maintenance and repair activities, as well as in the provision of janitorial, security guard, and grounds maintenance services. Candidates should possess a good understanding of relevant Environmental, Safety, and Occupational Health regulations and policies, and quality program implementation and follow up.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and supports all activities assigned
- Ensures conformance with schedules and costs; can manage both fixed price and cost reimbursable work
- Monitors employee performance and productivity; supervises both SCA and CBA employees
- Develops and implements training programs and remedial actions as necessary
- Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards
- Reviews and corrects work discrepancies
- Prepares, reviews and submits required reports
- Communicates policies, purpose and goals of the organization to subordinates
- Develops and monitors the execution of preventative maintenance schedules
- Supervises daily work activities to ensure work is completed on schedule and in accordance with required quality control standards; documents inspections and work activities
- Ensures strict compliance with established safety procedures and standards and recommends enhancements to safety training and safety programs
- Create and maintain a productive, collaborative relationship with the COR, KO, and other customers
- Be responsive to customer requests and provides accurate work products that require no final editing or corrections by the customer
- Execute all of the above autonomously with minimal need for supervision
- Coordinates after hours emergency work. May be required to respond to and lead teams performing emergency repairs after hours and on weekends
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience with progressive responsibility
- Knowledge of skilled trades (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing etc.)
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Display a professional demeanor at all times regardless of the circumstance
- Must be responsive to customer requests and provides accurate work products that require no final editing or corrections by the customer
- Strong oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to lead and work within a team environment
- Ability to navigate Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Demonstrated decision making skills that reflect good judgement and ability to work autonomously
- Must be able to create and maintain a productive, collaborative relationship with the COR, KO, and other customers
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to pass a thorough background check and Drug Test
- You must be able to meet all health requirements, including but not limited to, current and future vaccination requirements for infectious diseases such as COVID-19
- Current PMP Certification
- Bachelors degree
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Program & Project Management
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AFO00171