Practice Manager - Pediatrics - ProHealth Physicians
Opportunities with ProHealth Physicians, part of the Optum family of businesses. When you work at ProHealth Physicians, your contributions directly sustain the health and well-being of our community. Discover high levels of teamwork, robust medical resources and a deep commitment to exceptional care and service. Join a leading community-based medical group and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
ProHealth Physicians has an immediate opening for a Practice Manager reporting to the Senior Practice Manager. The Practice Manager is responsible for directing, supervising and coordinating the overall operations of the medical practice. Partners with the Senior Practice Manager and physician(s) to establish practice goals: financial, quality and patient satisfaction. Monitors goals regularly to ensure practice is profitable, efficient and providing quality care. Accountable for goals and objectives related to population health management. Works collaboratively with other Practice Managers in assigned area to function as one group practice. Manage process improvement initiatives. This is a fast paced environment.
- Establishes work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the office
- Assists Senior Practice Manager and physician(s) to develop and implement long range plans
- Manages office operations to maximize patient access, patient satisfaction, and collection of payments
- Coordinates staff and provider schedules to ensure proper coverage for quality patient care
- Manages human resources - hiring, on-boarding, coaching and evaluating. Seeks to create a team environment
- Reconciles and investigates patient complaints
- Manages, leads, and participates in process improvement initiatives
- Ensures practice compliance with ProHealth policies, procedures and programs
- Actively participates in practice, regional and organizational meetings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Practice/Medical Office Management/Operations experience having managed/lead staff in clinical and non-clinical roles with an a demonstrated ability to drive operational work flows
- Highly proficient with reporting and data analytics
- Solid computer skills
- BA/BS degree in health care administration, business or related field
- Experience with electronic health record, medical terminology, coding and billing
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of population health management desirable
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma process improvement tools and techniques
- Demonstrated business and financial skills
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.