Behavioral Health Care Manager - LCSW - Salt Lake City, UT
$7,500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care primarily to geriatric patients that are medically complex and chronically ill, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health Clinician, and other team members.
The behavioral health care manager (BHCM) is a core member of the collaborative care team, including the patient’s longitudinal medical provider and behavioral health consultant, as well as the larger interdisciplinary team (IDT). The BHCM is responsible for supporting and coordinating the mental and physical health care of patients on an assigned patient caseload with the patient’s longitudinal provider and, when appropriate, community behavioral health providers.
Prioritize completing the assessment and care plans in-person to better understand a patient’s needs, after this initial home visit; patient follow up is routinely done via video or telephonically with clinical discretion regarding any additional visits that should be completed in-person.
You will plan and manage your daily schedule to provide high quality care that is patient-centered and timely. This Monday-Friday role will be based; both in the field and your home office, with no on-call, evenings, or weekends.
- Screen and assess patients as well as provide patient education for common behavioral health and substance use disorders
- Administer evidence-based screening tools for depression, anxiety and substance use disorders and develop person-centered care plans to address those conditions
- Support psychotropic medication management as prescribed by the longitudinal provider, focusing on treatment adherence monitoring, side effects, and effectiveness of treatment
- Provide brief behavioral health interventions using evidence-based techniques such as behavioral activation, problem-solving treatment, motivational interviewing, or other interventions as appropriate until linkage to a community provider
- Participate in weekly consultation meetings with the behavioral health advance practice provider
- Facilitate referrals for clinically indicated services within the community (e.g., social services such as housing assistance, vocational rehabilitation, mental health specialty care, substance use disorder treatment)
- Competitive salaries
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and a 401K
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plan and paid holidays
- CEU and license renewal fee reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Ability to support your local community and partner with area resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree (MSW) in Social Work
- Meet all Utah State certification and licensing requirements for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW or LiCSW)
- 3+ years of social work experience (internship not included)
- Experience with screening for common mental health and/or substance abuse disorders
- Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments and brief behavioral interventions for common mental health disorders, when appropriate (e.g., motivational interviewing, problem-solving treatment, behavioral activation)
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary team setting
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective and professional relationships with patients and members of the care team
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.