Senior Product Manager - Remote
Opportunities with AbleTo, part of the Optum family of businesses, are focused on improving millions of lives through technology-enabled behavioral health care. Start a rewarding career where your work will bridge the gap between need and treatment. Join us in making care more accessible and affordable through convenient telehealth available in all 50 states. Be part of a team that’s driven by the passion we share for helping people get better and stay better. Help us make a meaningful and lasting impact while Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Sr. Product Manager of Optum Behavioral Care will be responsible for managing and optimizing low acuity Behavioral Health solutions and vendor partners.
This is an opportunity for a seasoned product manager to establish important connections and synergies across this portfolio – combining medical and behavioral in a new, truly integrated way that best serves our members with whole person care within product management. In this role, the candidate will be accountable for helping to manage the existing businesses, optimize the existing product portfolio, integrate the delivery of the products across medical and behavioral, as well as guiding new development efforts.
This position will be required to work with business, operations, technology, finance, sales/growth, and other teams across the enterprise to optimize and drive more value and growth related to the in-scope products and services. The Product Manager will be responsible for working with channel leads to drive growth, and internal functions to ensure optimal delivery and execution of all products, services, and capabilities.
The candidate must have demonstrated business success and a proven track record of strong product management, transformation, new business and capability development leading to the creation of growth generating opportunities and sustainable, scalable solutions. This position reports directly to the VP Product, Optum Behavioral Care.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Managing current in market Behavioral Health products and vendor partners
- Develop and direct a product vision and roadmap for product enhancements, including introduction of new products, new functionality, and services that materially expand market reach that delight our clients and members across whole person health
- Ensure that business, products, capabilities meet established short and long-range goals
- Interface with product teams, member experience teams, IT, growth, and market leaders to understand new market configuration requirements and help translate customization into new features and standards for prioritization on the product management roadmap
- Cultivate relationships with key external opinion leaders and strategic partners to support business objectives
- Significantly contribute to innovation, continuous improvement, and other organizational change
- Build a product culture which embraces change, transformation, and new business opportunities and continuous improvement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of product management/product development experience
- Product management experience across the product lifecycle
- Experience successfully navigating cross-functional teams
- Solid business acumen
- Client and executive presentation experience
- Travel is expected to range from 0-25% depending on business needs
- Health care experience
- Self-directed individual with the ability to prioritize one’s work - Leverages critical thinking skills to arrive at solutions
- Ability to effectively deal with levels of ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously and achieve goals
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to execute and implement
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.