Manager Network Pricing PBM Coalitions Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum Rx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 24,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, integrated services to promote optimal outcomes, superior savings and outstanding client and consumer experiences. We make healthier happen by creating smarter health care connections to help more than 65 million consumers nationwide realize improved care, lower costs, and a better overall experience.
OptumRx is looking for a curious, adaptable, and self-motivated analyst to be part of our Network Pricing team. This is an intermediate analytics role where you will learn the business fundamentals of drug pricing and client performance management, the underlying data flows, and the tools and systems used in this type of financial analysis. The person in this role will work with and have regular exposure to analysts and projects in our global data science and network pricing teams. In addition, strong communication skills are important as this role partners with other departments including Underwriting, Legal, Account Management, Operations, and Clinical to effectively oversee client performance management.
Supports and validates Provider Network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary facilities, etc.) contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. Conducts unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies. Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Sets team direction, resolves problems, and provides guidance to members of own team
- May oversee work activities of other supervisors
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities
- Product, service, or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple groups of employees and/or customers (internal or external)
- Lead and perform financial analysis and modeling as it relates to setting prescription drug prices
- Identify potential areas for prescription drug cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies
- Concisely summarize and communicate statistical findings and conclusions to management
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analysis of utilization and healthcare costs data
- Support the development of strategic initiatives aimed at reducing the total cost of care
- Proactively identify and resolve issues
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling, and financial reports
- Partner with other departments including Underwriting, Legal, Operations, Clinical, and Account Management to effectively oversee client performance management
- Communicating and consulting with clients directly
- Help set team direction, mentor, and provide guidance to members of own team
- Work with and have regular exposure to analysts and projects in our global data science and network pricing teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, healthcare pricing, network management, healthcare economics, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools including experience in interpreting and/or displaying financial modeling results to inform actionable decisions
- Demonstrated expert proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management, and data manipulation
- 2+ years of experience in direct report management
- Experience interacting with clients and internal leaders
- Experience delegating analytical tasks, mentoring, or supervising the day-to-day responsibilities of other staff members
- Experience with Big data
- Healthcare or PBM experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Alteryx, SQL and/or Tableau
- Proven solid written and verbal communication skills
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.