Field MLTSS Case Manager Essex County NJ
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As part of a care management team who will manage complex members, the Field Case Manager will be the primary care manager for a panel of members with complex behavioral health needs (i.e., mental health or substance use disorders). Additionally, this position will provide behavioral health support to the broader team. Care coordination activities will focus on supporting member’s medical, behavioral, and socioeconomic needs to promote appropriate utilization of services and improved quality of care.
Expect to spend about 80% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations. Do you live or are you willing to travel to ANY of the following counties? Essex County NJ
- Serve as primary care manager for high medical risks/needs members with comorbid behavioral health needs
- Engage members face-to-face and/or telephonically to complete a comprehensive needs assessment, including assessment of medical, behavioral, functional, cultural, and socioeconomic (SDoH) needs
- Develop and implement individualized, person-centered care plans inclusive of goals, opportunities and interventions aligned with a person’s readiness to change to support the best health and quality of life outcomes by meeting the member where they are
- Partner and collaborate with internal care team, providers, and community resources/partners to implement care plan
- Provide referral and linkage as appropriate and accepted by member (may include internal consult opportunities such as Housing Navigator, Pharmacy Team, Peer Specialist, etc. or community-based provider referrals such as PCP, specialists, medication assisted therapy referrals, etc.)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Four year or higher degree in a behavioral health related field (e.g., Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience directly serving individuals with behavioral health conditions (mental health/substance use disorders) or individuals in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- 1+ years of experience with local behavioral health providers and community support organizations (e.g., food banks, non-emergent transportation, utility assistance, housing/rapid re-housing assistance, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel within assigned territory to meet with members and providers
- Current, unrestricted independent licensure as a Social Worker
- Demonstrated experience/additional training or certifications in Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, Trauma-Informed Care, Person-Centered Care
- Experience working in team-based care
- Background in managed care
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Ability to transition from home office to field locations multiple times per day
- Ability to navigate multiple locations/terrains to visit employees, members and/or providers
- Ability to transport equipment to and from field locations needed for visits (ex. laptop, stethoscope, etc.)
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time to complete computer or tablet work duties
New Jersey Residents Only: The hourly range for New Jersey residents is $27.07 to $53.08 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.