Program Manager - TS/SCI Required
Work Where it Matters
Akima Systems Engineering (ASE), an Akima company, is not just another federal systems support contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ASE, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , ASE provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, ASE delivers solutions in maritime IT, systems engineering, and integration across the Department of Defense and stands ready to help improve operational performance at a reasonable and sustainable cost.
As an ASE employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Systems Engineering is looking for a Program Manager to work. To join our team of outstanding professionals, apply today!
- Oversee and coordinate various IT projects within the organization.
- Manage cross-functional teams of 45 or more professionals.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project goals and objectives.
- Communicate project progress, risks, and issues to stakeholders and senior management.
- Conduct regular project status meetings and provide updates to stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate project risks.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to project team members.
- Utilize financial forecasting models to monitor project budgets.
- Ensure compliance with DOD IT processes, regulations, and security protocols.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- PMP certification
- Additional ITIL or Agile Certification is a plus.
- Any IT related certifications such as Microsoft or CISCO
- Any one of the following Security certifications for 8570: CISM, CISSP (OR ASSOCIATE), GSLC, CCISO, CAP, CASP CE, HCISSP, CND, CLOUD , SECURITY CE
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field and 5 years of DOD IT Project Management experience
- Without a degree, 8 to 10 years of DOD IT Project Management experience
- Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional teams of 45 or more professionals.
- Strong understanding of DOD IT processes, regulations, and security protocols
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver complex IT projects on time and within budget.
- Experience with financial forecasting models
- Must already be living on the island and ready to start immediately with notice of the award of the contract.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ASE00677