Product Sales Manager
Eaton’s IS AER FED division is currently seeking an Product Sales Manager. This is a remote based position as long as you live within 150 miles of Seattle, WA.
The Product Sales Manager role is responsible for establishing/maintaining strong customer relationships and leading growth opportunities through the stages of the selling cycle. This process requires application of value selling and PROLaunch tools with particular emphasis on developing winning capture strategies and selling value for Conveyance and Ducting & Sealing products. This PSM position will focus on commercial and military OEM opportunities in support of the Fluid and Electrical Distribution growth strategies in the Western Region of the U.S. This role requires 25% travel.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $124875.0 - $183150.0 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
• Develop and maintain sound customer relationships. Establish and maintain a customer communication plan, including customer site visits. Work closely with the Regional and Customer Account teams.
• Ensure that the new business pipeline is healthy with an emphasis on sales for the Conveyance and Ducting & Sealing products. Leverage extended resources to identify and execute new business opportunities. Responsible for establishing and driving a solid Growth Pipeline representing a minimum of 50% of per annum sales. Market development, new opportunities, quotes, proposals, sales intake, trends and margin analysis across all customers with territory.
• Be responsible for developing and coordinating the top Line Sales and Orders Plan for the assigned territory, including new capture efforts and needed resources to support such efforts, for customers across the Ducting & Sealing and Conveyance Business Units.
• Apply gate review tools in the new business capture processes. The PSM leads the capture teams with support from the Proposal Manager throughout the business capture process. The PSM will work with the capture team to develop proposals and present the Eaton value proposition to the customer as required.
• Work with the Product Manager, Division Sales Manager and finance resources to develop opportunity business cases utilizing the NBR tool.
• Support the development of market trend/dynamics analyses and how they impact intake performance. Proactively develop and execute action plans to ensure intake goals are achieved and plant health metrics are Green.
• Support the strategic planning process through understanding and effective communication of customer needs. Support the development of customer needs analysis as required. Maintain a thorough knowledge of the product portfolio, new technology needs and future application requirements. Maintain a current knowledge of competitor’s products and identifies strengths and weaknesses compared to Eaton Aerospace products.
• Support the demand aspect of the SIOP process and is an active participant in all necessary phases of the process.
• Interface closely with internal Customer Service and Contracts Department in managing and coordinating LTA and pricing for new development and existing business.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in an Aerospace customer-facing role.
• Willingness to travel up to 25%.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within 150 miles of Seattle, WA will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is preferred.
• Minimum of seven (7) years experience in an Aerospace customer-facing role.
Position Success Criteria:
• Strong Customer interface skills. Ability to uncover customer needs and translate into winning capture strategies and value propositions.
• Strong Business Acumen – must understand market and customer trends, customer needs and impact on future product development programs, new business case financials.
• Good working knowledge of OEM and military procurement processes and be capable of developing and managing relationships with appropriate personnel.
• Knowledge of Eaton FED fluid conveyance and sensing systems and products, and product applications on the aircraft.
• Strong presentation and written communication skills.
• Effective in a matrix management environment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.