Engineering Manager, NPI
Eaton’s ES AMER ARS division is currently seeking a Engineering Manager, NPI. This role will be preferrable located in El Paso, TX however may be located onsite at our plant in Sumter, SC. Relocation is provided to those currently residing in the U.S
The expected annual salary range for this role is $101250.0 - $148500.0 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
Our Engineering Manager, NPI will provide engineering leadership and direct the new product innovation activities for the Panelboard & Switchboard (P&S) product line. This individual will supervise direct reports, provide technical direction, drive NPI activities, plan project schedules, coordinate project resources and testing, maintain project metrics, track project budgets, and implement/maintain rigor around project documentation.
The individual is part of the P&S engineering leadership team and responsible for collaboration with the appropriate teams at the manufacturing facilities to ensure they are prepared for the launch of each new product.
- Manage a team of engineers, technicians, and drafters in new product development and product line extensions.
- Provide technical direction and prioritization of engineering resources to support projects outlined in the product line and technology roadmaps.
- Analyze & track key performance metrics, develop activities and action plans to improve metrics, establish resources and schedules, and drive activities to completion.
- Direct knowledge of panelboard and switchboard products, design principles, performance requirements, and applicable third-party certification standards, along with the latest engineering and manufacturing process related to respective product lines.
- Manage direct reports and budgets, conduct performance reviews, establish goals and development plans, drive knowledge transfer, and build organizational capability.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Seven (7) years of design experience with low voltage electrical distribution equipment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- 10 years of design experience with low voltage electrical distribution equipment
- Led several NPI projects to a successful launch
- Design experience with UL 891 and UL 67 products
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor
- DFSS green belt certified
- Good verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem-solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- Proficiency in Engineering software/tools (AutoCAD, Enovia)
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
- Ability to motivate and drive problem solving techniques for root cause identification and development of permanent corrective actions.
- Adaptable and flexible to meet the needs of mature safety products in the world of rapidly changing technology and lean organization.
Expected to work with some degree of independence and make decisions that affect the workgroup. Focus efforts on attaining assigned goals and objectives, which include meeting needs and expectations of internal and external customers. Must be able to successfully manage multiple priorities, analyze complex problems and implement solutions.
Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and company personnel at all management, professional, and technical levels. This position requires a high level of responsiveness and proactive problem solving to reinforce enterprise wide goal of providing world class customer satisfaction. Must be team oriented and self-starter with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 35 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is primarily based in an office environment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.