Would you like to be a part of an Aerospace organization that manufactures parts for the Commercial Aircraft, Military Life Support and Aerial Refueling products? Eaton’s Mission Systems division is currently seeking a Facilities Manager. This position is located in the growing Quad Cities, specifically in Davenport, IA. Eaton's Mission Systems is the Top 20 major employers in the area.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $88499.97 - $129799.96 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
The Davenport facility has 750+ (340+ bargaining unit and 400+ salaried employees) and is leader in in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of aerospace mission systems components, systems and services to the US defense and commercial global aftermarket and OEM markets. World Leader in Air to Air Refueling technology
What you’ll do:
The Facilities Manager reports directly to the Sr. Facilities/Capital Manager and is responsible for the proper operations and maintenance of all building, grounds, and technical service functions.
• Provide leadership and guidance to ensure that plant equipment and maintenance systems function in a safe and efficient manner.
• Develop and maintain maintenance programs for all production areas and coordinating internal labor and external contractors.
• Must have experience and knowledge to support and maintain a comprehensive, facility-wide, computer based Preventive Maintenance Program/System.
• Improve site asset productivity and reliability with a focus on reducing equipment downtime through analysis to improve the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), including preventative and predictive maintenance.
• Develops and maintains an operating budget to ensure that all necessary maintenance is carried out on a cost-effective basis and other tasks necessary to track and/or report on budgetary developments.
• Administer an efficient and effective facility management program by establishing work requirements, coordinating, planning, prioritizing, and successfully completing short- and long-term projects.
• Ensure compliance with Eaton’s Environmental, Health, and Safety objectives while meeting facilities performance targets.
• Holds metric meetings and support events for facility and tech services personnel.
• Support plans for capital expansions and related project management.
• Initiate and participate in continuous improvement actives. Participate as required in problem solving teams, kaizen events, and TPM events, cross functional committees, and multi-discipline programs.
• Facilitate root cause problem solving of equipment related issues.
• Identify training needs and initiate development of subordinates.
• Administer direct supervisory responsibility for assigned personnel including selection, hiring, training, work scheduling, performance evaluations, and promotion recommendations.
Required (basic) Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum Five (5) years of experience as a Facilities Supervisor / Manager in a manufacturing environment
• Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 70 miles of Davenport, IA will be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field from an accredited institution.
• Previous experience working in an Aerospace environment.
• A broad and diverse range of technical knowledge and experience in mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
• Experience with lean manufacturing and TPM.
• Experience supervising / managing in a union environment.
• Experience with calibration, calibration systems, and processes.
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written, are essential.
• Ability to manage priorities and operate effectively in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.