Product Line Manager - Outlet Boxes & Covers
Eaton’s Global Energy Infrastructure Solutions (GEIS) division is currently seeking a Product Line Manager - Outlet Boxes & Covers. This is a hybrid role and can be based in one of the following locations: Moon Township, PA; Syracuse, NY or Highland, IL.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $88499.97 - $129799.96 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
This position will lead all NEC outlet boxes, covers and accessories globally. Key focus includes profitable growth and increased market share through product life cycle management (innovation and cost-out), product commercialization, penetration strategies and pricing optimization. Primary geographies include North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East.
You will be responsible for product life cycle management through the multi-generational product planning process. This includes product innovation via voice of the customer activities, cost out activities including value engineering and low-cost country manufacturing, complexity management and product rationalization. Activities will be prioritized and executed cross-functionally, working in concert with the Pre-formance team in serving the evolving electrical contractor market needs. You will drive product commercialization excellence through structured and tailored product strategies in conjunction local business unit and sales & marketing leaders. This includes supporting the development of marketing collateral and tools, competitive selling strategies and detailed product training. Additionally, this role will formulate pricing strategies to effectively compete at market level prices and maximize price through the creation of value propositions and specification initiatives. Pricing will also be used to support innovation and cost out activities.
Essential Functions Include:
- Execution of Crouse-Hinds long-term strategy across wire management applications, prefabrication (PRE-formance) products and markets including product innovation and portfolio management, globalization, commercialization excellence, end-market diversification and operations excellence.
- Responsible for financial performance including growth, profitability and working capital
- Development of a prioritized multi-generational product plan and timely execution with respective design centers.
- Define, implement and lead the Prefabrication Space with the Quick Connect platform and manufacturing strategy
- Implement product innovation strategies through voice of the customer activities primarily in North America with field sales, end-users, contractors, distribution and related software companies Revit/BIM.
- Commercialize products locally on a global basis through tools, collateral, competitor selling strategies, training and specification support.
- Enhance profitability through cost-out activities, leveraging low cost country manufacturing, complexity management and product rationalization.
- In conjunction with the Director of Wire Management, formulate and execute regional pricing strategies to increase long-term growth and profitability, while maintaining facility optimization.
- Define market product position and segmentation in sales regions and customer vertical markets, in relationship to the EC type and the competitors serving the segment.
- Identify and execute growth strategies in conjunction with regional business unit and sales & marketing leaders to increase market share in respective regions and vertical markets.
- Create service strategies to capture market share versus competition and support optimization of supply chain and inventory management activities. Specifically, we need stock items that are in our Top 1000 to perform as part of our fill rate commitment of greater than 93% on items in top 1000.
- Drive conversions for utilizing new capacity (2024) for steel boxes to drive conversions, including Fasteners, CP Fittings, and Boxes. Own the conversion process for the CP Wire Management team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of engineering, project management, marketing, pricing or field sales experience with technical products.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates who currently reside within 50 miles of Syracuse, NY; Highland, IL or Moon Township, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience in New Product Development
- Strong understanding of the Electrical Industry including applications, distribution and construction
- Broad knowledge of commercial electrical products market
- Understanding of the electrical construction process – commercial/institutional highly beneficial
- Experience in communications across broad groups including customers and executive management
- Working with international cross-functional teams
- Up to 25% travel
- Think and act strategically
- Collaborate and execute effectively cross functionally
- Written and oral presentation skills to targeted audiences
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to drive change
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.