Eaton’s AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems division is currently seeking a Contracts Manager. This position is based at our Euclid, OH facility or within 50 miles of an approved Eaton Aerospace facility.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $101250.0 - $148500.0 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
The Contract Manager is an integral part of the commercial team. The individual is required to lead negotiations on all aspects of contracts associated with the business. They may also occasionally lead and participate in negotiations for Aerospace Group Level, and/or FMC Division Level contracts as directed by management. In managing the assigned contracts, it is expected that the Contracts Manager will successfully mitigate customer claims, submit assertions for out-of-scope work and customer program impacts, and execute price increase entitlement. The Contracts Manager will also play a key role in supporting legacy and new business proposals to ensure favorable terms, compliance with any customer requirements, and compliant proposal submissions.
For new contracts it is expected that the individual will negotiate favorable business terms for Eaton and yet maintain strong customer relationships. The individual will be required to manage difficult situations with customers and maintain a balanced approach to ensure we maintain our customer focused approach to doing business. They are also responsible for ensuring that all negotiations are conducted in accordance with Eaton’s ethics and values. A key element of the Contracts Manager's responsibilities will also include creating guides and tools that arm the broader business functions to execute and understand its customer agreements as effectively as possible.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate internal review of Agreements to ensure business terms are in accordance with Eaton approvals, limits of authority and guidelines and ensure all risks and liabilities are fully understood and mitigated.
- Lead the negotiations for new contracts and contract change proposals, which may on occasions include multi-site negotiations for all of Aerospace and/or FMC division, as directed by management.
- Manage the commercial execution of contracts, and ensure our business receives its full entitlement to pricing and other commercial benefits which includes identifying and prosecuting assertions, scope changes, and pricing opportunities. This also includes protecting the business from customer claims such that all claims on the business are mitigated to the best degree possible.
- Create tools and guides that are shared and distributed with key internal functions to ensure those responsible for executing the contract understand the ground rules in which they must operate.
- Interacts and leads discussions with our Corporate legal function and other subject matter experts (insurance, quality, environmental requirements etc.), for both new business in the event that customer contractual issues escalate into potential legal issues.
- Ensure compliance with all Government Requirements (Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations), along with working with internal FAR/DFARS experts to monitor changing regulations and how they may impact Eaton's business.
- Ensure compliance to data rights requirements through development of own expertise and working with Eaton's legal subject matter experts
- Participate in approval reviews (Gate 0/1) customer proposals for new business, including pricing, SOW verification, specification verification, terms and conditions negotiations, quality requirements and supply chain requirements.
- Support review of program status as part of the leadership approval review of programs.
- Maintain custody of all contractual documents through Eaton's Document Library software to maintain compliance with internal contract retention requirements and ISO9000, AS9100, and FAR and DFAR requirements
- Occasionally provide coverage and back-up support for other Commercial or Contractual responsibilities across the Aerospace business.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years of commercial contracts experience.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Euclid, OH or another approved Eaton Aerospace facility will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- NCMA certification or certification through International Association of Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.