Sustaining and Test Engineering Manager
Eaton’s IS AER FMC division is currently seeking a Sustaining and Test Engineering Manager. The position is a part of the engineering leadership team within the Irvine, CA site operating unit and performs and leads activities related to the design, development, testing, support, and service of ground and airframe fuel products. Typical products include fuel valves, fuel floats, solenoid valves, hydro-mechanical pumps, and fuel gauging equipment for military and commercial aerospace applications. Relocation benefits are avaialble from within the United States!
The expected annual salary range for this role is $116437.5 - $170775.0 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
This individual will provide leadership and technical guidance to the engineering test lab function and post-development (sustaining) product engineering support. This role will drive value to the business through identification and support for various aftermarket opportunities including cost-out, product improvements, and derivative product offerings. In addition, this position will be leading and managing an organization with responsibility for developing test equipment systems for military and commercial aerospace applications; operating and maintaining the engineering mechanical, electrical and fuel laboratories; and execution of product testing and certification.
In this function you will:
- Lead the Irvine and supporting global engineering team supporting legacy product lines to deliver high quality technical output on time, focusing on accountability, efficiency, and learning.
- Leads timely and cost-effective responses to technical inquiries from customers and end users (airlines / operators) for products in service including investigations to establish root cause of reported problems. Defines required work tasks for Eaton support personnel and prepares clear and concise reports documenting conclusions and recommended corrective actions and works to define product improvement changes which will drive aftermarket opportunities.
- Oversees the manufacturing support, as assigned by Engineering Management, to ensure the timely disposition of non-conforming hardware without sacrificing final product quality that could lead to operational deficiencies in fielded products. Maintain schedule and prioritization of Material Review Board items. Supervises the support for Assembly & Test issues and First Pass Yield improvement projects to troubleshoot repeat failures and products with systematic low yield.
- Leads the interactions with customers, respective OEM and Aftermarket sales personnel, and other external and internal functions to define the technical requirements for derivative product or aftermarket opportunities.
- Ensures a safe test environment for test execution and proactively address safety issues relating to test lab personnel and visitors, facilities, equipment, and test setups. Ensures all lab equipment is ready for use and properly maintained and calibrated. Develops a lab safety culture and 5S program that exceeds the site expectations. Manages and reports lab metrics including safety, first pass yield, cost, and efficiency. Enforces adherence to established test processes and improve the processes for quality and efficiency.
- Develops and manages a 5-year rolling budget including capital equipment, material, and resource plan for development and production test equipment needs. Identifies risks and opportunities. Coordinates with other site functional leaders to ensure clear and consistent communication. Establish and manage 3rd party labs for best capability and value.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5 years experience in product development and/or test engineering of complex mechanical components or systems
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 10+ years of engineering experience in an aerospace product development environment
- Experience in aerospace fuel component design, test, and troubleshooting
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.