Co-op: Aftermarket Program Manager - Southfield/Galesburg, MI
Eaton’s IS VEH VGNA division is currently seeking an Aftermarket Program Manager Co-op.
The hourly rate for this position is $22.85 - $25.38 per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America division is currently seeking an Aftermarket Co-Op (2024) to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg or Southfield, MI facility. This position is part-time during the academic semester and full-time during the summer.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to explore / lead aftermarket projects and provide support to our Aftermarket product and digital teams supporting the light and heavy-duty vehicle Aftermarket products. This role is a wonderful development opportunity as it will be used to identify future potential leaders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Support product management group with market data analysis and product strategy development.
- Analyze product data trends to recommend product portfolio obsolescence and potential market gaps.
- Assist sales and marketing departments to ensure accurate data and technical documents are generated.
- Review existing product and processes for cost-effectiveness and efficiency. Help to complete and drive improvement in the sales reporting and documentation process
- Work with the product management team to assist in the digital transformation strategy including gathering data for the product data hub and ACES/PIES
- Work with marketing to create marketing material in support of product strategies and launches.
- Lead new product launch processes to coordinate across the business and achieve on-time new product launches.
- Utilize all areas of Eaton’s marketing opportunities to help drive awareness of Eaton’s capabilities, product features, and benefits and build and review sales brochures
- Provide support to the aftermarket Sales Team; this would include communicating, and interacting with Sales Representatives, Region Managers, account managers, and other local leaders.
- You will have the opportunity to support sales programs and promotions by assisting in developing, tracking, and reporting.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Business, Sales, Engineering, or Marketing from an accredited institution
- GPA of 2.8
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI or Southfield, MI will be considered for this position.
- Previous internships or co-ops in Aftermarket or Sales preferred
- Leadership in school or community organizations preferred
- It is preferred that candidates have completed at least the first year of their degree program
- GPA of 3.00 or better required
- Fosters Open Communication – Promotes open discussion of ideas; provides others with open access to information; Listens willingly to input and concerns expressed by others; Encourages communication and information flow across boundaries, both internally and externally; Fosters the use of technology to improve communication with others.
- Sets Direction - Displays insight into competition’s strengths, weaknesses, and strategies; allocates resources according to strategic priorities; translates business strategies into clear objectives, tactics, and initiatives; operates from a global perspective; is knowledgeable of this industry’s history and growth patterns; identifies potential competitors and competitive industries and demonstrates ability to leapfrog competition; develops strategies to enhance the organization’s competitiveness; positions the business within the global marketplace.
- Takes Risks - Challenges the status quo; creates and implements innovative ideas; stimulates others to try new approaches; takes business risks to achieve breakthrough results; champions ideas despite obstacles; creates opportunities and takes action to seize competitive advantage.
- Envisions the Future – Have a clear vision for the future of the business or part of the organization; Conveys a sense of purpose and mission that captures the imagination of others; Recognizes when it is time to shift strategic direction in own part of the organization; Maintains a long-term, big-picture view of the business or the organization; Sees and develops new markets and market opportunities.
- Drive for Business Results – Establishes and manages against aggressive financial goals; effectively balances long-term objectives with near-term financial objectives; builds an environment in which employees demonstrate a sense of personal ownership and investment in business success; consistently demonstrates strong personal commitment to the organization’s success; establishes and manages against a balanced scorecard, including the needs of employees, customers, shareowners and community.
- Drives for Execution Excellence – Develops relationships with key people in other functions and at other levels; actively involved and accessible for ideas, help and support; plans and manages meetings to make effective use of time; makes and encourages decisions consistent with long-term responsibility for the environment; consistently involves the appropriate people and teams across boundaries in planning and executing goals, solving problems, etc.; establishes and manages a healthy and safe work environment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.