Supply Chain Program Manager
Eaton’s IS AER MSD division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Program Manager.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $91500.03 - $134200.04 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The Supply Chain Program Manager will coordinate and execute strategic supply chain activities to build resiliency in the Supply Chain, achieve Cost Out targets, and set long term commodity strategies. Support supply chain activities across Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to ensure Aerospace and Divisional strategic direction is sustained, supplier performance is improved, and risk is mitigated. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Negotiate supplier agreements to support effective purchasing practices that reduce cost, lead times, and risk that support the IPT needs.
• Coordinate with the Eaton commodity leads for the onboarding of suppliers to ensure proper handoff to the Tactical Supply Chain team for order management. Onboarding is inclusive of (but not limited to) part qualification and/or requalification/supplier qualification, supplier assessment, supplier transitions, and approval, terms and conditions review, and necessary supplier development/training to support unique sourcing requirements.
• Alignment with IPTs to become aware of products manufactured, sales growth/reduction plans, new product development, industry/markets the IPT serves, and supply chain pain points in order to define supply chain program managers improvement actions.
• Serve as an escalation point for supplier issues and drive resolution.
• Creation of individual supplier action plans based on core competencies, centers of excellence, supplier maturity levels, and supplier risk assessment that provides clear understanding long-term sourcing plans for all key suppliers.
• Communicate all aspects of supplier action plans efficiently and effectively via written and verbal communication in order to inform, influence, and engage with critical stakeholders across the business.
• Grow technological understanding for the products and parts they support and remain current on technological advances relative to their IPTs.
• Coordinate with the design engineering community during development activities to aid in the creation of products, which can be readily sourced from the existing supply base.
• Provide assessment and guidance to the Tactical Supply Chain team on which suppliers to RFQ that are aligned with core competencies.
• Support the evaluation of supplier proposals with the Tactical Supply Chain team in order to provide the team with complete sourcing decisions.
• Continuously support supplier risk assessment utilizing various methods of research and internal tools to summarize and communicate to the entire organization.
• Manage key supplier performance though the use of supplier performance management tools (scorecards, supplier improvement plans, QBRs, etc.) to ensure KPI goals are understood and any deviation from KPI goals have a clear understanding of root cause and action plan in place from supplier to meet goals in the future.
• Assist the Tactical Supply Chain team of issue resolution if issues are escalated to the Supply Chain Program Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year experience negotiating supplier contracts, inventory reduction projects, and supporting manufacturing production schedules.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- Relocation is not provided. Candidates must reside within 75 miles of Eaton's Orchard Park, NY facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship, now and in the future.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
• PMI/PMP/APICS Certification
• Proven success with delivery of projects on time and on budget
• Proven success in building Supply Chain Resiliency
• Excellent leadership and development skills to drive success of team
• Excellent interpersonal skills in communication, motivation, and persuasion
• Skilled facilitator and mediator in resolving conflicts
• Understanding of contracts and contract language
• Ability to balance task, team, and individual needs in achieving goals
• Able to illustrate corporate “global” view with senior stakeholders
• Aerospace and defense part qualification processes, and level of effort for same.
• Understands P & L impact of department and IPT business activities.
• Leadership and project management skills.
• Strong influencing skills by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas; gaining commitment and buy-in from others, and ensure IPT support for proposed ideas.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that create an open environment that encourages people to work together to solve problems and improve practices and services.
• Understands business risk and development of risk mitigation actions.
• Self-starter capable of driving issues to resolution.
Key Measures and Milestones
Cost out, SOTIF, SDPPM, Supplier Portfolio Risk and Management
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.