Mission Integration and Performance Deputy Manager (33407)
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of Amentum, managing and operating contractor of the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as Deputy Manager in our Mission Integration and Performance team located in Carlsbad, NM.
The successful candidate will ensure consistent project management planning and integration; integrate project level changes and updates to the IPMB; provide budgetary interface with the prime contract and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) to ensure compliance including the change order process; ensure ongoing EVMS compliance and maintain EVMS certification; ensure standardization in project controls, approach, definition and control of interfaces; and provide independent functional oversight to ensure that NWP is conducting business in compliance with contract requirements and project standards consistent with industry best practices.
The Mission Integration and Performance Deputy Manager is responsible to ensure that IPMB schedule logic, ties and dependencies of work scope are identified, forecasted, integrated, resource loaded and completed in a systematic manner consistent with the Integrated Safety Management System core functions and monitoring of performance utilizing EVMS. Integration of the Project Controls across the WIPP site is accomplished by providing deployed (matrixed) resources to the field to support day to day project controls functional requirements.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (38 – 40)
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Business Administration, Construction Management, Engineering or a technical discipline is required.
- Ten (10) years of related Project Integration experience is mandatory.
- Advanced knowledge of corporate, divisional, and governmental procedures and policies and related DOE Orders.
- Broad understanding of Project Integration and Control administrative procedures and protocol.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
- Preference given to candidates with ten (10) years of experience in a government nuclear environment.
- Eight (8) years of direct Project Controls experience is desired.
- Five (5) years in leadership roles in a Project Integration organization that manages greater than $100M per year is preferred.
- Project Management Professional Certification or Certified Public Accountant is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Cobra Costing and Primavera (P-6) Scheduling software applications.
- Preference given to candidates who possess a proven knowledge of change management and skilled in the development of business tools and products.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a diverse group of individuals including both internal and external interfaces and demonstrated experience leading teams in the project integration/project controls areas is desired.
- Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.