Retail Assistant Manager ( 583051-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Here, you’ll get to encourage a sales team and create outstanding customer experiences in one of our retail stores. In this role, you’ll be leading a store team from developing the best sales specialists, and driving sales targets to financials and store merchandising. You’ll be the one creating an outstanding in-store experience that will make customers feel good about our brand and solutions—and help them to choose our wireless products and services.
- Leading your team by resolving customer issues and assisting with customer transactions.
- Encouraging your team with training and mentoring to deliver an outstanding customer experience by handling customer flow and store traffic.
- Identifying any selling skill gaps, then building and implementing development plans to help the team meet and exceed sales metrics and quota assignments.
- Running store operations – analyzing staffing needs, reporting financial and sales data, handling cash, meeting compliance, opening trouble tickets with Facilities/Network/IT as needed to ensure store up-time and functionality.
- Monitoring inventory by restocking shelves with product, maintaining device security and managing the cleanliness of the store.
- Leading store merchandising and planogram compliance in accordance with company expectations.
- Completing store opening and closing activities.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a confident leader who collaborates with others to achieve results. You’re equally good at inspiring team members and engaging with customers. People want to be on your team. You get results, use good judgment and are generous with your feedback so that people can develop and grow under your leadership. You can balance many things at the same time, and still manage to provide that special attention to every detail - and every person.
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated ability to drive positive results in a team environment.
- People skills for negotiating, conflict resolution and the demonstrated ability to build trust and act as an influencer at all levels.
- Strong written and oral skills for groups and individuals.
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).