Value Proposition Manager ( 583001-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Visible & You
Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and "Best Telecom Brand" in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards, Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US, which means we have no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills, allowing us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry - and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity, taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness - disruption, innovation, and culture - while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
In this hybrid role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person training and meetings. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Alpharetta GA, Irvine, CA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
Visible’s Value Proposition team directs the strategy for all long-term value prop and pricing strategies that Visible has in the marketplace to drive growth and create value differentiation. The team is focused on building a deep understanding of consumer and market trends and insights to inform Visible’s commercial vision and strategic roadmap. As a Value Prop Manager, you will have ownership of a portfolio of Visible’s core products and services and will be responsible for 1) bringing new features to market and 2) driving performance of Visible’s existing products and services.
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for Visible’s core value proposition, products, and services.
- Publish a rolling 18-month strategic roadmap that is aligned with Visible’s strategy, values, and priorities.
- Identify market opportunities for subscriber and revenue growth that solve consumer pain points.
- Execute and synthesize consumer and market research to inform the commercial vision for Visible’s key products and services.
- Lead presentations to senior leadership focused on building alignment and support for product features and enhancements.
- Lead cross-functional teams to take product and value prop enhancements from ideation to launch.
- Own the end-to-end performance of Visible’s core product and service offerings.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience leveraging consumer insights to drive product decisions.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and G-Suite products.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree. Ideally, an MBA.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, curious, and capable of adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong analytic approach and bias for data-based judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Management consulting or product management experience.
- Experience designing and working with marketing research, research strategy, or consumer research methodologies to gain broader or deeper consumer and market insights.
- Experience in the wireless or telecommunications industry (preferably in the prepay sector).
- Experience in strategy development.
- Excellent presentation development skills.
- Demonstrated executive presence and influence skills.
- High proficiency with SQL.
- Willingness to travel domestically.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).