Manager, Application Security (R462113)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
The Manager, Application Security is a management position responsible for owning the delivery of the application security program for Stryker by collaborating with vendors, engineering staff, and senior leadership team to build out a world-class program. This role requires a candidate with strong engineering experience delivering software as well as web developing experience. The responsibilities are carried out through leading and directing a team that executes the monitoring, assessment, and remediation of global application security vulnerabilities across all of Stryker’s systems. The Application Security Manager ensures the employees, budget, contractors, and plans are aligned to deliver key security commitments.
This position provides experienced leadership for application security and serves to support security improvements. This position has a high amount of responsibility for deploying secure solutions across the Stryker application landscape and for working with the business and IS cross-functional teams to get buy-in for our Global Security projects and initiatives. This is a customer-facing role that requires experience with both Information Security and Customer Relationship building.
Essential duties & responsibilities: (detailed description)
- Incumbent provides leadership, vision, and understanding of the Global Application Security team, including overseeing the development of security standard operating procedures, application assessments, vulnerability detection, and remediation.
- Overall responsibility for implementing and continuously improving the application security program to meet the risk acceptance level of Stryker.
- Collaborates with business partners and leaders across the organization to coordinate application remediation and maintain an acceptable level of control and security.
- Meets organizational goals and exceed industry best practices and requirements to ensure the security of the Stryker assets.
- Align application security solutions with business strategies, working with business leaders and IS Business Partners to enable the business.
- Ensure business security deliverables are aligned with Stryker’s global strategy and intervene when appropriate.
- Responsible for improving communications and relations, as well as ensuring the integration of security in technology applications across Stryker.
- Drives the technical aspects of strategic decisions for application security, meets organizational goals and exceeds industry best practices and requirements to ensure the security of the Stryker global application environment.
- Prepares and works with the Security Operations senior leadership team to ensure that the security operations budget clearly outlines program requirements to ensure the security of Stryker information systems is protected.
- Evaluates employee performance, sets standards, and initiates awards.
- Initiates recognition, directs, and arranges for appropriate training and development opportunities
Education & special trainings:
- Bachelor’s in computer information systems or Information Security Required
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CEH, CISM, CRISC are preferred.
Qualifications & experience:
- 4 years experience in application development or a similar field.
- 1 year experience in application security, cybersecurity, or similar functional areas.
- Experience implementing strategic programs
- Experience working with third-party providers.
- Experience driving change within an organization or workgroup.
- Knowledge to develop and interpret standards, policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of application security solutions.
Physical & mental requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to manage/organize
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and identify solutions to challenging business problems
This job may be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States, except that this job may not be filled or performed in Colorado.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com