AI Product Manager ( 583319-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a AI Product Manager, you will create Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning roadmaps for our Consumer Marketing partners. You will implement and deliver Artificial Intelligence and Data use cases in collaboration with business and Global Technology teams. You will act as a catalyst between our organization and business team, leading data science projects that drive sales and service, product recommendation and personalization, marketing effectiveness, channel optimization, better customer experience, and operational efficiency. You will use data to shape strategy and solutions. You’ll analyze internal and external data to help identify and quantify the potential of new products, forecast sales, and provide decision support through the life of the product. You will be working with multiple stakeholders and balancing their needs to shape the direction of our new offerings and enable the product team to bring the best new products to market.
As a senior member of the team, you will build connectivity and communities of interest, delivering AI solutions with a focus on generating customer intelligence and automation of the insight generation. You will work collaboratively with analytics specialists and decision scientists to deliver value, as well as strengthening relationships with business.
- Act as a thought leader and act as a forward leaning partner with your business team to shape, prioritize and deliver AI&D strategy for the business unit across data governance, data architecture and AI/ML.
- Formulate the AI strategy for the business unit and responsible for shaping and drafting the AI/ML use cases.
- Shape ideas into business cases. Assess requirement and use case formulation.
- Develop strategies to fix the business problems and partner with stakeholders to design and implement changes.
- Drive new product development and launches with data-driven insights.
- Evaluate and test various alternative approaches and recommend the path forward.
- Perform advanced analytics, modeling and data mining to develop insights on our business.
- Support the product team with decisions related to new concepts based on data analytics.
- Monitor performance and reporting ongoing and ad hoc metrics in reports, presentations, and dashboards targeted to the situation and audience.
- Act as a Mentor to members on the team.
Where you’ll work:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You believe that solid data should be behind every important decision. You are a numbers person but you also have a strategic mindset. You bring both business perspective and an understanding of the marketplace—and not just theory and numbers. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand. People trust you based upon your thoughtful and thorough analyses. You thrive in an environment where enormous volumes of data are generated at rapid speed. You’re strategic in your approach and a creative thinker who likes to explore, and uncover the issues. You are decisive. You are great at influencing up, down, and across groups, and you take satisfaction in mentoring others. Communicating what you’ve uncovered in a way that can be easily understood by others is one of your strengths.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Product management or technical consulting experience.
- Behavior/predictive analysis and/or data analytics development experience.
- Experience with SQL.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, MBA.
- Product development or analytics experience in the technology sector.
- Hadoop and Map/Reduce experience.
- Experience Hive and BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik, ThoughtSpot.
- Knowledge of scripting languages. Ideally, Python/Pyspark/R.
- Ability to develop and maintain deep, trust-based business relationships.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).