The Deloitte Greenhouse® Experience - Manager
Thousands of executives have experienced the transformative power of The Deloitte Greenhouse ® to tackle their toughest business challenges. It takes specialized skills, proven best practices, and deft executive facilitation to deliver results that are anything but business-as-usual. Our dedicated teams engineer environments and experiences-physical and virtual-for leaders and their teams to achieve breakthrough.
We are looking for authentic, motivated, organized, and creative team members with a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. You are excited to learn new things and are energized thinking about how to help businesses solve their toughest challenges, particularly in a team-setting. Specific background, expectations, and experiences vary by role.
Interested in joining our motley crew? Find out more about what we do and what it takes to join The Deloitte Greenhouse.
Work you'll do
The Deloitte Greenhouse® is searching for a Breakthrough Lab Manager to join the Breakthrough Experience team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a wide array of clients to solve exciting business challenges, stretch your critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and network with executive-level clients as well as Deloitte leaders. The Breakthrough Lab manager plays an integral role in the success of labs, including:
Lab Design: Breakthrough lab managers are responsible for driving the lab design process. This includes drafting initial lab design documents, leading the design feedback and iteration process with Greenhouse teams and Deloitte teams, overseeing content curation and creation, reviewing all lab materials, and conducting pre-lab interviews as appropriate. We are looking for someone with strong design thinking and creative problem-solving skills who has a passion for creating innovative, dynamic, unique experiences for our clients and account teams.
Lab Delivery: As a Breakthrough lab manager, you will manage day-of Breakthrough lab delivery on an ongoing basis, which includes live synthesis of key insights and take-aways during the lab, helping to identify opportunities for in-session design or delivery changes, leading breakout groups, and facilitating some lab modules. We are looking for someone with strong executive presence and who has a knack for operating in ambiguity.
People Leadership: Mentoring and apprenticing teams will be a core part of your role; providing both formal and informal instruction, direction, and feedback to lab producers and other junior staff. We are looking for someone who thrives on team-centered people leadership and who is energized by coaching and mentoring others.
Project Management: Breakthrough lab managers own project management for assigned Greenhouse labs, which includes setting, communicating, and tracking milestones and objectives, proactively identifying risks, leading meetings with Greenhouse and Deloitte teams, and leading and/or participating in client interviews. You will typically manage the relationship with Deloitte account teams and support the lab lead in managing client relationships. We are looking for someone with strong project management skills, stakeholder management skills, and an attention to detail.
Greenhouse Program Support: In addition to delivering labs, you may also have the opportunity to support national or local special projects as well as test creative and innovative approaches that could be leveraged in the Deloitte Greenhouse® portfolio. We are looking for someone who excels in a collaborative team environment and is energized by challenging the status quo.
What we're looking for
In this role you will exercise skills in the following areas:
- Owning multiple workstreams
- Operating effectively in ambiguity, including making in-the-moment adjustments and making decisions when not all information is available
- Apprenticing, coaching, mentoring, and developing team members
- Supporting and guiding teamwork, collaboration, and conflict management
- Demonstrating ability to synthesize conversations in real-time (making connections, drawing out themes, etc.)
- Demonstrating strong business writing and communication skills, as well as structuring and storyboarding capabilities
- Championing partnerships and successful working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrating ability to resolve customer service issues and offering innovative solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Diagnosing problems using formal problem-solving tools and techniques
- Examining business needs to identify opportunities or obstacles, and analyzing complex business issues to develop solutions
- Developing expertise within the team around how organizations make decisions based on strategic, financial, and market considerations
- Supporting a workplace culture where everyone is encouraged and empowered to innovate
We are passionate about helping executive teams break through their most critical challenges. As a Deloitte Greenhouse® Experience team member, you will have the opportunity to create bespoke, immersive, innovative, and impactful experiences ("labs") for client teams across organizations and industries. Labs are powerful enablers for Deloitte teams to accelerate their relationships with key clients, and you will partner closely with Deloitte senior leaders to catalyze this relationship-building. You will be part of a group that strives to be the ultimate Team of Teams; one that is committed to the growth of all team members, to maintaining a customer-centric mindset, and to cultivating a culture that is fun and playful.Qualifications
- Minimum of 6-8 years work experience; at least 2-3 years direct experience serving Deloitte clients
- Bachelor's Degree
- Well-developed analytical skills - ability to synthesize group discussions into concise / concrete bullet points and help steer abstract dialogue into actionable themes
- Excellent presence, as well as strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Travel up to 30% (While 30% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Some immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced Degree
- Interest and experience with analytical methods and tools, including data visualization are desirable.