Marketing Operations Manager - Martech Strategy ( 584018-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Marketing Ops position a critical role overseeing all mission critical marketing systems for the business. Key to the role will be providing the CMO and SVP of Worldwide Marketing accurate insight into MQL and SAO creation and overall marketing program effectiveness by maintaining up-to-date reports and dashboards. In order to do this, this role is responsible for optimizing and troubleshooting Marketo system issues, process flaw and synch failures as it relates to both MQL (net-new leads) and SAO (opportunity) creation.
- Manage a small MOPs team dedicated to supporting a stack of marketing technologies
- Develop, manage and report to marketing, inside sales and sales leadership the daily marketing and inside sales analytics (dashboards) that we use to manage our marketing programs, our business as a whole, and meet our MQL and SAO goals each month. Provide transparency and insight into the processes and metrics for the Marketing organization.
- Oversee the MQL and lead flow of all of the team’s market programs - manage lead segmentation and targeting, email deliverability, landing page optimization, data hygiene and cleanup and de-duping – optimizing these processes as needed
- Strategic and tactical oversight of the marketing automation platform (Marketo) and the interactions with other integrated systems such as com, predictive scoring solutions (Infer), external data sources and more.
- Responsibilities include definition and creation of best practices as it relates to data flowing through systems and ultimately to the sales team, marketing campaigns, lead scoring and prioritization, data integrity, data appends...etc.
- Optimize lead scoring and distribution methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development for qualification and for increasing efficiencies and conversion rates.
- Effectively manage a variety of technology, data, and service vendors.
- Segment and leverage the marketing database for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership in defining, mapping, and documenting key marketing processes.
- Identify and develop best practices.
- Build templates to allow program teams to create best-in-class campaigns.
- Develop marketing automation playbook and train the Marketing and Sales teams as needed.
- Work closely with Sales Operations to ensure com meets the needs of Marketing.
- Troubleshoot and QA campaigns, workflows, data issues and other key marketing ops functions.
What we’re looking for...
You have proven analytical and strategic experience and are able to develop and implement creative solutions to operational challenges. You have strong attention to detail, are well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive, not stress, in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Marketo, Salesforce.com, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with other marketing platforms and systems.
- System Administration and marketing experience using com –with workflows and APEX triggers.
Even better if you have:
- BA or BS degree, MBA in business, mathematics, engineering, science or a related field from a top-tier university.
- Experience with the inside sales processes and the marketing/sales handoff, and eager to work cross-functionally to improve that process (lead scoring, lead qualification, lead nurturing, opportunity creation, sales process and activity reporting, etc)
- A creative problem solver with the ability to think outside the box and passionate about finding efficient and effective solutions to operational challenges – especially through the use of systems and technologies.
- Passionate about metrics and able to take the lead on critical marketing/pipeline analysis reports that are used by senior executive staff.
- Results-oriented and able to collaborate effectively with peers and senior stakeholders across teams (Sales Operations, Marketing, Sales, Inside Sales to optimize decision-making.
- Extremely process and detail oriented, as well as metrics-driven.
- Objectivity and openness to others' views and continuously builds a positive team spirit.
- Five or more years of experience in a Marketing/Sales Operations role or similar position.
- Deep expertise and experience in B2B marketing.
- Strong background in data analysis.
- Understanding of data mining, business intelligence, and lead management processes and technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex data sets into concrete business recommendations for marketing and sales leadership, with the goal to optimize revenue-generating investments.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel. Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).