Senior Integrated Logistics Support Manager-SME (37580)
Amentum is now hiring a Senior Integrated Logistics Support Manager – SME for its Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD location
The candidate serves as an expert logistics management specialist concerned with directing, developing, and performing logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, and evaluating the execution of Integrated Product Support (IPS) for major complex weapon systems that encompass new and emerging technologies. The candidate applies mastery knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of IPS functions to the extent that the employee is responsible for most or all of the logistics elements (i.e. maintenance planning: manpower and personnel; supply support: support and test equipment; training and training devices; technical data; computer resources support; and packaging, handling, storage, transportation, and facilities) for one or more acquisition programs.
- Assists in the development and execution of product support strategies and product support packages that involves planning, coordinating, and evaluating the execution of Integrated Product Support (IPS) for acquisition programs that includes both hardware and software.
- Providing ILS/production support on acquisition logistics management activities to include development of acquisition logistics documentation, and evaluating the regulatory requirements to develop, field, and transition equipment/software.
Some related documentation and activities include the following:
- Life Cycle Sustainment Plans (LCSPs)
- DEMIL and Disposal Plans
- Item Unique Identification (IUID) Plans
- Materiel Fielding Plan (MFP)
- Core Depot Assessments (CDAs)
- Analysis of Product Support Alternatives (APSAs)
- Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Plans
- Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Material Release/Type Classification Packages
- Basis of Issue Plan Feeder Data (BOIPFD)
- Technical Manuals/Training Support packages
- Logistics Demonstrations
Coordinates extensively with representatives of other commands, DOD components, and contractors to include HQDA, TRADOC, CECOM, PEO C3T and the prime contractors for the program weapon system.
- Able to lead and execute complex tasks and special studies as required and resolve issues involving development and delivery of logistics products.
- Responsible for the coordination, preparation, evaluation and review of IPS management and planning documents assuring that tailoring, streamlining, and acquisition reform are considered and applied.
- Develops documents used for preparation of basic life cycle funding and budgeting to support the acquisition of the system/equipment.
- Establishes or ensures the establishment of IPS requirements for acquisition documents and contracts.
- Monitors the status and quality of IPS development services and products.
- Evaluates progress in attaining IPS objectives.
- Serves within an IPS management teams.
- Recommends new logistics support concepts.
- Manages the processes of planning, directing, managing, monitoring, and evaluating and correcting deficiencies in ILS throughout the research, development and acquisition process.
- Support includes the management and interface with logistics element managers, contract support services, training facilities, Integrated Logistics Support Management organizations and other service users at contractor facilities and government activities.
- Develops, interprets, and/or applies a wide range of DOD, Army and PEO acquisition and logistics policies, directives, and precedents.
The candidate must able to direct, develop, and perform logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, or evaluating the logistics actions required to support the specific mission, weapon system, or other designated program.
The work involves (a) identifying the specific requirements for money, manpower, material, facilities and services needed to support the program and (b) correlating those requirements with program plans to assure that the needed support is provided at the right time and place. The work is performed through coordination with technical specialists in each function on specific requirements and capabilities, lead times, costs, and other matters affecting logistics planning. Enough understanding of the functional fields is required to accurately understand and analyze the logistics management implications of the information obtained to be able to plan, manage and execute logistics objectives for the program.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
- Typical office environment with no unusual hazards.
- Occasional lifting to 20 pounds.
- Constant sitting while using the computer terminal.
- Constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents.
- Constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication.
- Constant mental alertness.
- Must possess planning/organizational skills.
- Must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent with 10+ years’ experience of integrated logistics support experience, either in a US Army or other service program office for C4ISR or related weapon systems (ACAT 1 thru 3) with 5+ years’ demonstrated expertise in writing and/or coordinating the development acquisition related logistics documentation.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have effective written and verbal communications.
- Position requires 25% travel.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to pass a government background and drug test.
BA/BS Degree preferred
DAWIA Level I, II, or III Acquisition Lifecyle Logistics preferred