Project Manager (RTE) Technical Project Manager ( 580316-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Global Technology Solutions Team is looking for a Project Manager/Scrum Master. The Project Manager / Release Train Engineer (RTE) is responsible for performing high-level activities (e.g. client requirements collection/analysis, systems design etc.) related to all phases of the systems life cycle. The incumbent acts independently, and provides technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise. The incumbent is also responsible for evaluating and developing reliable and efficient automated solutions to fulfill small to large business requirements. This individual will be expected to lead matrixes Scrum team(s) focused on delivery and execution.
- Works as a team member and provides technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise on programs of varying complexity.
- Responsible for producing high quality deliverables in a timely fashion.
- Performs technical evaluation of products. Occasionally develops systems-related standards and procedures.
- Performs program management/Scrum Master activities such as chartering, road mapping, user story grooming, iteration planning and retrospectives as well as implementation activities.
- Responsible for analyzing and proactively managing problems and making decisions that impact overall system (s) and program (s) while acting independently.
- Evaluates, develops and implements systems solutions to effectively fulfill business requirements.
- Ensures systems implementations occur in accordance with established Change Control procedures.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Proactively communicates status reports and issues to manager.
- Successfully completes all relevant technical and professional training programs in accordance with Performance Agreement goals and objectives.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience, SCRUM Master.
- Agile experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Marketing, Business Administration.
- Technical project experience on enterprise impacting projects.
- Knowledge and experience applying Agile project methodology concepts.
- Knowledge of project management concepts.
- Strong decision-making and leadership abilities.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- A good understanding of wireless telecom business practices, including accounting, finance, revenue assurance, taxation, billing, customer care, legal, device management and network operations.
- Excellent Technical (e.g., systems design) and/or analytical skills.
- PC literacy, including desktop applications competency (e.g., MS Office, MS Project, GSuite tools GMail, Drive, Sheets, Docs and Slides, etc).
- Excellent business knowledge and interpersonal skills.
- PMP and SCRUM Master Certification.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Clarity.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).