Innovation Principal Program Manager ( 589252-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Business provides technology solutions to thousands of companies worldwide. The Industry Verticals team is positioned to help grow our business in the key industry sectors by leveraging Verizon’s core platforms including mobile edge networking with both 5G and LTE, Private Cellular, IoT, Mobile Edge Compute, managed services, security services, professional services, UC and Collaboration, Cloud Contact Center. You are responsible to provide direction and leadership in the development and execution of standardized programs and approaches and ensure consistent program delivery and program improvement. You are responsible for the development of the Financial Services Vertical segment development plan, including strategies and programs, designed to increase Verizon Business sales penetration into vertical markets targeted to the enterprise verticals as well as identify opportunities to extend marketing initiatives across vertical segments. Vertical segments include but are not limited to: Finance, Insurance, Hospitality, Manufacturing and Automotive, Entertainment and Media, Technology and Services, Energy and Utility, Transportation and Distribution. This is a highly visible role, orchestrating a cross-functional team, providing strong inter-departmental, cross-functional and cross-organizational leadership, to drive response/lead generation and efficient sales marketing programs.
- Defining, delivering, managing the financial services industry vertical strategy aligned with mega market trends.
- Business development and industry vertical strategy, critical market assessment messaging framework, use cases development, thought leadership within the industry vertical.
- Defining and leading participation at industry forums, industry events and major trade shows, as well as coordinate any and all support from the marketing organization needed by the Innovation Principal program to meet sales targets.
- Engage with our 5G/MEC leaders in target sectors to gain an understanding of potential use cases that utilize 5G/EC and how Verizon's capabilities plus certain alliance partners capabilities create net new market opportunities.
- Work with Partners, Principals and Managing Directors to develop sales strategies for target account verticals.
- Support marketing led campaigns and industry events.
- As the 5G and edge computing market matures, create strategic and tactical growth plans to uncover and close a range of revenue projects.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of experience in the relevant domain: Financial Services.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Even better if you have:
- Eight or more years of demonstrated experience, including responsibility for talent and performance management within a division or large department, managing a team of technical/creative individuals.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building capabilities, with the ability to build trust-based relationships and manage effectively.
- Proven ability to drive change and results through influential leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to develop presentations and present in high-profile group environments.
- Capability of crafting a clear vision and the steps necessary to execute against that vision.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Knowledge in project management and stakeholder management.
- Proven ability to run multiple complex programs with a history of successful implementations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills combined with an interest and skill in analyzing data and interpreting and translating its meaning to produce actionable changes that drive optimized results.
- Ability to work in a fast, results-driven environment while maintaining a longer-term strategic perspective of Verizon’s role with the enterprise segment.
- Command of Enterprise Applications such as G suite, Salesforce, WebEx, Slack, MS Office and PowerPoint or similar applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
This role can be located in any viable Verizon domestic work location.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).