Manager of Contract Analytics ( 587289-1G )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Operational Assurance (OA) is accountable for the governance of first-line operational risk across the VBG organization. The Contract Analytics team in OA is responsible for building contract intelligence capabilities via Seal Software, a third-party software for contract discovery, data extraction and analysis, in order to inform the business of contractual risks so that they can be mitigated. The VBG stakeholder teams supported in contract analytics risk mitigation include Finance, Legal, Contract Management, Client Services, Customer Portfolio Management, Information Security, Risk Management, Sales, Sales Operations, and Channel.
The Contract Analytics team provides thought leadership and offers strategic insights to the business on how to best leverage contract analytic models built by the team. They anticipate and prepare for future digitization and enablement opportunities in the VBG contracting space, thereby contributing to risk mitigation.
You will be responsible for providing data analytics and insights to internal customers via dashboards and reports to identify both opportunities and areas of risk as it pertains to contracts. The candidate would also conduct reviews to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance, facilitate overall contract management, maximize revenue opportunities and reduce business costs. Additionally, the candidate will develop custom models in our third-party software to extract contract language for further review and analysis.
- Analyze business requirements, develop dashboard designs, manage the implementation and roll out of the dashboards. The position will be expected to gather feedback from business leaders, users and supporting organizations with minimal supervision and execute on the requirements.
- Proactively seek opportunities to provide actionable insights to internal customers in order to drive efficiency, reduce risk or accelerate contract negotiation.
- Develop and maintain queries, sometimes complex, to source data from the Wireless and Wireline Data Warehouse and backend Seal database. Prepare the data for output to Qlik.
- Develop and execute strategies for data integrity, identifying creative approaches and recommendations when datasets are incomplete or error prone.
- Work with Legal, Sales, Finance and other business areas to understand requirements and build custom analytic rules in Seal Software to identify critical contract language to answer routine contract questions more quickly (e.g. contract end date, volume commitments, underutilization charges, credits, early termination fees).
- Analyze complex contracts and obligations based on an understanding of contract provisions, requirements and/or service level agreements.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key internal customers and GTS partners.
- Manage to infrequent, ad-hoc requests from cross-functional teams.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing reports and dashboards with data visualization software (such as Tableau, Cognos, Qlik)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentations.
- Experiencewith SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, document and explain complex technical issues and make recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills, including the ability to conduct research, analyze data, and use tools effectively to develop models and drive analyses.
- Working knowledge of contract management & analysis tools (such as Seal Software, Apttus, ContractLogix, Icertis Contract Management, etc.), including business/technical functionality.
- Experience with the Wireline and/or Wireless data warehouse.
- Experience with statistical software (such as R, SAS, SPSS, Python is preferred).
- Ability to understand contract provisions and their impact from a legal, financial and business perspective.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, on multiple assignments, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work selflessly in a collaborative team environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).