Technical Product Manager - Messaging Chatbots & Innovation ( 590006-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is undergoing a transformation from a telecommunications company to a technology company, and we are in search of the next generation of Technical Product Managers to help us drive forward. We are looking for a Technical product manager who can help transform and enhance our current initiatives in the Messaging area. Messaging as a Platform will enable enterprises to connect with their customers for a variety of use-cases from customer support to reminders.
Our team is passionate about early-stage ideation and product development. We regularly pitch new product ideas to executive leadership. In this role, you will look at the trends in consumer messaging, recommend new features, but more importantly evolve the current product. We look for recommendations of new verticals that messaging can be used in its current or a new form. We will look for a continuous set of ideas that can be added to roadmap. Once approved, the technical product manager works with the business product team, in-house development teams, partners and vendors to quickly prototype, trial, and launch products. That’s where you come in.
Here’s what you could expect to do as Chatbot Experimentation Manager (key responsibilities):
- Build and support RCS Chatbots on our Messaging clients - Google Messages, Samsung Messages.
- Work directly with partners within our network and with other progressive organizations to develop and share best practices for growth and impact on our bots.
- Understand our unique approach to bots and build processes and documentation to improve upon our current systems
- Understand the constantly evolving messaging landscape and help build new use-cases that solve problems for users and enterprises
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to their work and learning new skills. In our fast-paced, unstructured environment, we love it when PM’s drive results and outcomes
- Reviewing design flows with product & design teams
- Producing mockups and optimized flows based on research
- Working with design & product teams to forecast effort
- Development & Delivery:
- Defining user stories and acceptance criteria
- Co-ordinating releases and downstream communications
- Conducting user acceptance testing and ensuring QA sign-off
- Collecting and analyzing product analytics from self-serve tools
- Organizing and presenting findings on product impacts
- Culture Building:
- Growing a culture focused on timely delivery and celebrating success
- Breaking down barriers, fostering relationships and collaborating across teams
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six plus years of experience launching digital products and features, with a heavy focus on native mobile clients.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- 3+ years of experience with B2C products such as Messaging/Communication or related industries
- Demonstrable Project and Product Management processes and tools (e.g. Jira, Project Plans, Executive Status reporting)
- 2+ years of experience with designing and measuring KPI’s, OKR’s and/or product analytics
- Very strong G-Suite and Office skills (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Basic understanding of mobile SDK’s and web API’s
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).