Industrial Painter - Custom Assembler - 2nd Shift (122819)
Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking an Industrial Painter/Custom Assembler to join our Padmount team on 2nd Shift. The hourly rate for this position starts at $20/hr, plus an additional $1.25/hr shift premium. The core hours for this position are 2:30 pm – 11 pm. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use on day one!
- Paid holidays
- Shift premium
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
The Industrial Painter / Assembler is responsible for performing both assembly and painting operations on our Padmount Switchgear Units. In this role, you will paint medium to large electrical switchgear, steel/aluminum enclosures, and steel accessories. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining the painting equipment/system and performing light/medium assembly operations
In this function you will:
- Perform general maintenance and preventative maintenance on paint guns, hooks, regulators, reciprocators, hydraulic units, etc.
- Monitor and troubleshoot line activities and application procedures to ensure process specifications are followed.
- Set fluids and air pressures for equipment and monitor spray application to maintain 2-millimeter dry film thickness.
- Be responsible for your own work, under minimal supervision and instructions.
- Maintain a clean work area and perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Operate a forklift as necessary.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1-year experience in industrial spray painting systems or completion of one year of post-high school course in industrial spray painting or coating applications.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of South Milwaukee, WI will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Prior experience reading and using drawings, routings, blueprints, specifications, part numbers, and other shop documents affecting this position.
- Minimum 1-year experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to safely drive large powered industrial trucks
- Must be able to walk/stand for an 8-hour shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift 44 lbs. shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work overtime if required.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No