Assembler - 2nd Shift (Transformers) (123112)
Eaton’s Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking an Assembler – Transformers Line - 2nd Shift to join our team! The hourly rate for this role starts at $20.25/hour, depending on experience. The core hours for this position are from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm. This position is based at our Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
This position is offering a sign-on bonus of $2,000*, less applicable withholding.
• Bonuses are being offered for a limited time only. Applications must be submitted on or after May 18th, 2022 to qualify.
• Bonuses are only applicable to specific job types and shifts; additional terms and conditions may apply.
• Associates must be employed at the time of the payout.
• Bonuses will be payable in two installments: $1,000, less applicable withholding will be paid after three (3) months of employment and the remaining $1,000, less applicable withholding will be paid after nine (9) months of employment.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use on day one!
- Paid holidays
- Shift premium
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
The Assembler is responsible for production of all types of 3-phase transformers in a continuous flow environment to meet the agreed-upon customer service requirements. Our Assemblers can be placed in either Team A, Team B, or Team C. You will be responsible for performing the various job functions as described in the job description at an acceptable level of efficiency and quality. Operators must be willing to perform various duties and assist all other team members as needed to meet production through the continuous flow line. All job tasks are not listed below, you may be asked to perform work activities outside of each team that may include employee engagement and other volunteered tasks to promote positive workplace culture and building.
In this function you will:
- Restock components, follow standard work and 6S, perform a visual inspection of the previous operation, and build all products using a bill of materials and guided work instructions.
- Build the internal component to a transformer by lacing steel sheets around wound coils creating a core coil assembly.
- Bolt on or weld low voltage bar assemblies, aluminum flex sheets, and adapters to the core coil assembly.
- Kit the unit with appropriate materials and sub-components for the next assembly operation.
- Build to quality and engineering reference standards which will require proper use of calibrated torque tooling.
- Move units by use of overhead cranes and power industrial vehicles.
- Build high voltage lead assembly portion of the transformer consisting of multiple tap changers and switches.
- Pre-tanking of the unit will be performed involving unboxing parts, installing subcomponents to fixture for measuring lead lengths, and cutting and crimping cables.
- Install the internal core coil assembly, all lead assembly operations, and external bushings per bill of materials inside a metal fabricated tank
- All pre-tanked cable leads will be built to the tank installing switches, arrestors, fuses, and any other components as designed to customer specification.
- Conduct ratio testing on the unit and troubleshoot any potential problems found in order to complete ratio test.
- Operate our vacuum pressure and drying equipment to process units including filling tanks with oil to prevent from water or air introduced into the transformer.
- Repair units and components that have failed test, are leaking, defective, or require other needed changes.
- Bolt or weld on metal fabricated covers and pressure test units that have passed all dielectric testing.
- Build and install cabinets to close external bushings and protect other components that would require tamper proofing.
- Wire controls equipment both external and internal consisting of conduit assembly, terminal block installation, and any other gages or precision instruments needing to be installed.
- Learn to prep, wash, and paint using high pressure spray system all transformers and part assemblies as required.
- Build wood pallets and mount transformers to them for safe shipping and unloading purposes.
- Work closely with all support functions and shipping department to ensure product is completed to customer specification and shipped on time.
- Participate in teardown, repair and modification of customer field returns as directed by engineering or quality departments.
- Final assembly and inspection of transformers will be required to ensure customer specification and meet quality required standards.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be able to read and interpret shop specifications (shop drawings, process sheets, measuring equipment etc.).
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws.
To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team