Assembler II 2nd Shift (122810)
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking an Assembler II in Irvine, CA.
The Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group, has an opening for an Assembler II based in Irvine, CA.
This location is offering a competitive wage of $19.50 + $1 shift differential.
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames using hand tools and power tools
- May disassemble and assemble product that is returned for repair
- Utilize hand tools such as pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, vises, soldering iron, micrometers, calipers and indicators
- Use routing sheets, operating instruction sheets or other documentation to ensure proper assembly of parts. Perform visual inspection of units during the assembly process and at completion of assembled units.
- May perform verification as an operator/inspector for others in the department
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements
- Determine tooling and special gauging required to complete work
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 year previous work experience in mechanical assembly
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee).
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Irvine, CA in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous work experience in the Aerospace industry
- Communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work from written instructions such as blueprints or other work instructions
- Ability to solder, experience working in manufacturing
- Ability to interact and participate in a team driven culture
- Team player and able to multi-task
- Assembly using required handheld and power tools
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time