Assembler 1st shift (122648)
Eaton’s Electrical Power Distribution Inc. is currently seeking Assemblers to join our First Shift team. This position is based at our Santa Ana, CA facility.
The Assembler will timely and accurately build sub-assemblies and assemblies to customer specifications involving complex and repetitive wiring and mechanics for Power Distribution Units (PDU), Remote Power Panels (RPP), and Transformers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to build sub-assemblies and assemblies
- Use heavy industrial equipment, including cranes, fabrication equipment
- Be responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly
- Use various fixtures, gauges, hand tools and power tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product
- Inspect completed assemblies to ensure compliance with quality standards and making necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals
- Adhere to company, environmental, health, safety rules and regulations
- Provide process and safety improvement ideas
- Ensure machines and tools are properly calibrated and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S+
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution or two years manufacturing experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Experience in production, packaging or construction, or equivalent education
- Previous experience with standard operating procedures
- Previous experience with product electrical assembly, maintenance and/or repair
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility
- Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures, wiring diagrams and bills of material
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime, willingness to flex to different areas or local plants as needed
- Ability to lift, push and pull 40 lbs
- Ability to use a crane once fully trained to lift items
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position
- Ability to use hand tools and other machines to manipulate metal and or wire3
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI PDI
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No