Part-Time Final Assembler - 1st Shift (121982)
Eaton’s Electrical Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Part-time Final Assembler – 1st shift to join our team! The hourly rate for this position starts at $20/hour, depending on experience. The role will work 19 hours per week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The hours can be flexible between 7 am – 3 pm. This position is based at our Lincoln Avenue facility in Waukesha, WI. This role does not offer health insurance benefits.
The Final Assembler is responsible for the assembly of all exterior equipment such as fuses and controls, control boxes, terminals, cubicles, compartments, arresters, etc. to substation and three-phase pad-mounted transformers.
In this function you will:
- Locate and assemble control box and conduit per drawings (or operator experience) to tank exterior.
- Wire controls to accessories as required by drawings and bill of material (or operator experience) and assembles control panels. This includes all wiring inside the cabinets of all 3ph pads, wiring of all substations, and assembly of all control boxes containing up to (5) accessories. (Accessories are defined as all terminal blocks combined being (1) accessory, all breakers combined being (1) accessory, etc.).
- Train and secure all wiring to allow for required spacing between accessories whether in cabinet or control box for neat appearance and customer access.
- Locate mounts and assemble air load break switches, cubicles, doors, throat covers, hoods, fans, and barriers as specified.
- Locate and mount switch plates, identification, and/or instruction plates as specified.
- Locate and attach connectors to bushing terminal as specified.
- Locate and attach or crate lightning arresters as required.
- Touch up paint nicks, and scratches, and generally checks for good appearance.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Education in AC/DC fundamentals.
- One (1) year of previous electrical experience.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No