Assembler (1st Shift) (121843)
Eaton’s Marina Power & Energy division is currently seeking an Assembler to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Williamsburg, VA facility.In this function you will:
- Read and interpret wiring schematics, drawings and bills of material
- Build components of standard and engineered to order products using hand tools, torque drivers, pneumatic tools
- Work from manufacturing information such as Kanban cards, MI’s requisitions and oral or written instructions
- Perform set-ups, minor troubleshooting, and routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment
- Ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of quality verification checklist
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards
- Be involved in performing Lean Initiatives
#LI-PM1Qualifications Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum one year work experience in manufacturing/warehouse/distribution environment
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Minimum of one year assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to move material as needed using material handling carts (push/pull 50lbs)
- Able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs
- Team player and able to collaborate with others to effectively complete work assignments per customer orders
- Saturday and daily overtime is required frequently
- Willingness to participate in training opportunities
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No