Assembler-I (1st Shift) (120367)
Eaton’s Power Quality Division is currently seeking an Assembler I (Battery Line) to join our team in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The Assembler I will build sub-assemblies and assemblies involving complex and repetitive wiring for battery cabinets that support Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role:
- You will follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to
- Build sub-assemblies and assemblies using standard operating procedures.
- You will be responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly.
- You will use various fixtures, gauges, hand tools and power tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
- You will inspect completed assemblies to ensure compliance with Raleigh Plant Quality standards and making necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
- You will adhere environmental, health, safety rules and regulations.
- You will provide process and safety improvement ideas.
- You will ensure machines and tools are properly calibrated and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S+.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- One (1) year experience in a manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or GED required from an accredited educational institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographical area (50 mile radius) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to use power industrial equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, etc)
- Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures.
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime, willingness to flex to different areas or local plants as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to distinguish colored wiring
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
- Previous experience with standard operating procedures
- Previous experience with product electrical assembly, maintenance and/or repair
- Previous experience using forklifts or material handling equipment
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers
- Basic working knowledge of SAP
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No