Assembler I (2nd Shift) (120714)
Eaton’s Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions division is currently seeking an Assembly Technician I to join our team on 2nd shift. This position is based at our Hodges, SC location.
Hourly Rate: Starting at $15.11
Shift Premium: $1.00/ Hourly
The Assembler I will be responsible for achieving daily production goals with focus on safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and productivity. This role will be responsible for assembling Low Voltage Assemblies.
They will work with a team and flex in all areas of the assembly operation as needed. Demonstrate commitment and customer focus through daily productivity.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
You will be responsible for complex assemblies to fulfill customer requirements/orders by producing quality products, safely, in a timely manner following Standard Work.
- Be responsible for following all safety policies and procedures, complying with WSRA’s, and wearing proper PPE. Any safety issue identified should be reported immediately to team lead, supervisor, or manager.
- Work to manufacturing information, electrical and mechanical drawings, sketches, written or oral instruction from supervisor or engineering and to established procedures.
- Responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembling.
- Responsible for identifying nonconforming parts and troubleshooting errors. May be required to perform hipot test on assemblies.
- Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust or repair assemblies. Use of layout, drill, saw, punch, rivet, and paint material as required.
- Apply identification labeling on completed assemblies as required.
- Form shipping groups of final products shipped to external customers and prepare assemblies for shipment or storage, as appropriate.
- Use appropriate lift assist or partner lift when moving material/products. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs and push or pull up to 100 lbs.
- Flex to other areas as needed or perform tasks of other positions as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- At least 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment.
- South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent.
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No