Assembler / Tester (120067)
Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a 1st shift Electro-Mechanical Assembler/Tester to join our team. The position is based at our Grand Rapids, MI facility. The Grand Rapids facility has approximately 150 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace electro-mechanical components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
This position is offering a one-time signing bonus of $1,000.00. $250.00 paid up front, $250.00 paid after the successful completion of 3 months, and $500 paid after the successful completion of 6 months. This payment is subject to applicable tax withholdings and requires that you be an active employee in good standing at the time of payment.
The Assembler/Tester will be responsible for assembling and testing electro-mechanical components as specified in applicable documents with minimal supervision. Assemble mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, and top assemblies of simple to moderate product line that includes but is not limited to military parts for customers such as Boeing, Defense, Lockheed Martin, Sikorsky, and Cessna.
Reports to the Production Supervisor. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Assemble and test mechanical assemblies and subassemblies. Ensure activities are performed correctly and proper tooling and documentation is used.
- Use test equipment to perform in-process testing and final Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP)
- Perform lock wire/safety wire and nameplate.
- Must have the ability to utilize hand tools such as, but not limited to, pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, vises, soldering iron, depth micrometers, calipers, lockwire pliers, dial indicators, pressure gauges, flow meters, multimeters, and other basic hand tools as required.
- Proficient interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams, testing schematics, verbal, and/or written instructions.
Perform visual inspection, identify any defective items and handle according to established procedures.
- Participate in functional cross training within all major requirements of the assigned department and demonstrate willingness to support any area of the business
- Ability to read assembly blueprints, wiring diagrams and testing schematics.
- Know-how and ability to work with inspection gages, multimeters, force scales, torque wrenches, and production test equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with other departments and organizations.
- Computer proficiency.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Please note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Minimum of two (2) years manufacturing experience
Must have a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Grand Rapids, MI will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Two (2) years Aerospace manufacturing experience
- Two (2) years Assembler/tester of electro-mechanical actuators
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one, Paid holidays, Second shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No