Assembler I - 1st Shift (124140)
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Assembler to join our 1st shift team. This position is based at our Youngsville, NC facility.
- Pay: $17/hour
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- 401K (6% Match)
- Vacation (Two Weeks Starting Out)
New Hires will recieve a $1000 sign on bonus. $250 immediately, $250 after 90 days, and remaining $500 after 6 months!!
The Assembler will perform assembly, complex and repetitive wiring, and/or Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) operations to complete sub-assemblies and final assembly of product. Building sub-assemblies and assemblies using standard operating procedures. The incumbent will be responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly. Inspecting completed assemblies to ensure compliance with Raleigh Plant Quality standards and making necessary adjustments when required to meet quality goals. Use hand and power tools to complete assemblies and subassemblies and solder parts as needed.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Work to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineers to established procedures
- Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product
- Report irregularities or equipment malfunctions and adhere to work instructions and all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations
- Provide process and safety improvement ideas
- Ensure machines and tools are properly calibrated and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S+. Locate available parts using Kanban system
- Assist team in achieving plant and departmental goals and assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s company and aspirational goals, leadership attributes, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork
- Cross train in various assembly areas while providing work coverage as needed
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Previous experience with standard operating procedures
- Previous experience with product electrical assembly, maintenance and/or repair
- Soldering experience
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility
- Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude (ability to read wiring diagrams and other technical drawings)
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of basic electricity
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime as required
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and conflict management ability
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities
- Ability to demonstrate learning agility and high level of attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication and listening skills
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly throughout work shift
- Ability to distinguish colored wiring
- Ability to frequently stand or bend during the assembly process
- Ability to be flexible and travel an approximate distance of 20 miles from work location to neighboring Raleigh Area Plants (as needed/as required/occasionally)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team