Assembler - 1st Shift Regulators (124722)
Eaton’s Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking an Assembler – 1st Shift to join our Regulators team! The hourly rate starts at $19/hour, depending on experience. The core hours are 7 am - 3 pm. This position is based at our Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and vacation time (2 weeks to start) are available to use on day one!
- Paid holidays - up to 12!
- Shift premiums
- Career ladders that allow you to grow your career and compensation
- Overtime opportunities
- Retirement benefits - up to a 6% match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more
The Assembler is responsible for the production of all types of Voltage Regulators in a continuous flow environment to meet the agreed-upon customer service requirements. You will be responsible for performing the various job functions as described in the job description at an acceptable level of efficiency and quality. Operators must be willing to perform various duties and assist all other team members as needed to meet production through the continuous flow line. Areas that you will learn include but are not limited to various stages of assembly from strip leads to final, vacuum pumps, painting, brazing, and more!
In this function you will:
- Follow standard work and 5S, perform a visual inspection of the previous operation, and construct and test all types of tap changers using our standard work.
- Build the product per work instructions and quality standards that are required in the assembly with use of calibrated tooling (pneumatic tools, power tools, hand tools, etc.).
- Build and fulfill requirements needed; work closely with engineering, quality, and shipping department to ensure product is completed and shipped on time.
- Conduct ratio testing on the unit and troubleshoot any potential problems found in order to complete ratio test.
- Move units by use of overhead cranes and power industrial vehicles.
- Repair units and components that have failed test, are defective, or require other needed changes.
- Participate in teardown, repair and modification of customer supplied equipment as directed by engineering or quality departments.
- Troubleshoot as needed throughout the process.
- Cross-train in various stations within the Regulators department.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws.
To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No