Assembler 1st Shift (125507)
Eaton Aerospace Group located in Los Angeles, CA (near Glendale metro) has an opening for an Assembler A Technician. The LA facility has approximately 250 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets. Responsible for assembling hydraulic and/or pneumatic and electronic components as specified in applicable documents with little or no supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates in team environment
- Ability to read blueprints
- Follow and complete process documentation
- Report labor in MRP system
- Ability to perform lockwire/safety wire and nameplate if applicable.
- Inspect accuracy of documentation.
- Uses hand bench and power tools and measuring instruments.
- Assembles and disassembles basic and complex sub-assemblies and valve assemblies.
- Laps all required surfaces with proper tooling techniques and compounds.
- Work with little to no supervision.
- Complies with Eaton standard policies and procedures.
- Able to perform root cause analysis and fault isolation.
- Rejects and reports discrepant materials.
- Ability to train less experienced assemblers.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 2 years experience in hydraulic assembly required.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile distance of the Los Angeles, CA facility (zip code 90039) to be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- 3 plus years experience in hydraulics assembly.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Lock wire and safety wire experience.
- Experience in set-up and use of XY plotter, oscilloscopes, and pressure transducer.
- Solder certification.
- ESD certification.
- Experience working in FAA environment.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No