Assembler - 2nd Industrial (127844)
Eaton’s Bline division is currently seeking a Assembler-2nd Shift Industrial to join our team. This position is based at our Sherman, TX facility.
Performs final assembly operations which include affixing components into enclosures and packing products safely, efficiently and with a focus on quality.
In this function you will:
- Affix a variety of sub-assemblies to inside of enclosures and metering products following print layouts, verbal and written instructions.
- Use pneumatic and manual hand tools to secure the component parts as appropriate. Labels enclosures with appropriate product information.
- Check quality of assembled parts and finished enclosure.
- Lift finished enclosures into boxes for shipment, cuts, forms and tapes boxes for appropriate sizing using hand tools. Palletizes boxes.
- Perform first article inspections.
- Perform 5S & Continuous Improvement activities.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sherman, TX will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience in a machine shop/sheet metal processing manufacturing environment
- Assembly or subassembly experience in a production environment
- Experience reading blueprints and using simple measuring tools
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs occasionally to frequently (33-66%) and up to 75 lbs. occasionally by stooping, reaching, bending
- Ability to stand for eight hours plus and perform repetitious tasks
- Ability to read blueprints and use simple measuring tools
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and close attention to detail
- Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No