Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking an Assembler I to join our 1st shift team. This position is based in our Raleigh, NC facility.
- Pay: $17/hour
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- 401K (6% Match)
- Vacation (Two Weeks Starting Out)
New hires will also recieve a $1000 sign on bonus that will be given after 90 days of employment!!
The Assembler will perform assembly, complex and repetitive wiring, and/or Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) operations to complete sub-assemblies and final assembly of product. Building sub-assemblies and assemblies using standard operating procedures. The incumbent will be responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly. Inspecting completed assemblies to ensure compliance with Raleigh Plant Quality standards and making necessary adjustments when required to meet quality goals. Use hand and power tools to complete assemblies and subassemblies and solder parts as needed.
In this function you will:
- Work to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineers to established procedures
- Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product
- Report irregularities or equipment malfunctions and adhere to work instructions and all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations
- Provide process and safety improvement ideas
- Ensure machines and tools are properly calibrated and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S+. Locate available parts using Kanban system
- Assist team in achieving plant and departmental goals and assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s company and aspirational goals, leadership attributes, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork
- Cross train in various assembly areas while providing work coverage as needed
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Previous experience with standard operating procedures
- Previous experience with product electrical assembly, maintenance and/or repair
- Soldering experience
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer: Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team