Eaton’s Aerospace Fuel Motion and Control Systems Division is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Assembler on 1st Shift to join our team. This position is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
This position is offering a one-time signing bonus of $1,000.00. $250.00 paid up front, $250.00 paid after the successful completion of 3 months, and $500 paid after the successful completion of 6 months. This payment is subject to applicable tax withholdings and requires that you be an active employee in good standing at the time of payment.
This person will report to the Supervisor/Manager Repair Focus Factory or Production Assembly, you will perform testing on production hardware, incoming repair units while utilizing standard methods, processes and procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform detailed electro-mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies on production, prototype, and/or returned assemblies/subassemblies. Assembly proficiency on electronic motors, mechanical actuation, solder processes and troubleshooting procedures as required.
- Ensure assemblies are built to written instructions or blueprint specifications.
- Utilize hand tools such as, but not limited to, pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, vises, soldering iron, depth micrometers, calipers and dial indicators.
- May perform acceptance tests on new, repaired, modified, returned or production units. Conduct in-process testing as required.
- Troubleshoot hardware without written instruction.
- Crosstrain to various departments when required and may be reassigned to other product groups.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Please note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Grand Rapids, Michigan will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- One year of experience in an assembly role or manufacturing setting or comparable field.
- Associate Degree in Technical Field or equivalent from an accredited institution is preferred
- Ability to read assembly blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Working knowledge of shop test equipment and testing procedures. Must be capable of maintenance, calibration and operation of laboratory test equipment.
- Know-how and ability to work with inspection gages, multi-meters, volt meters, force scales, torque wrenches, and electrical test equipment.
- Knowledge of fundamental electrical components and mechanical physics. Ability to identify wire by color code.
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- Solder certification will be provided. Prior experience preferred in IPC certification J-STD001, 7711, A610. Ability to cross train on a variety of hardware/sub-assemblies and test procedures.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one,
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team