Transformer Assembler - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Transformer Assembler- 1st Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Arden, NC location.
The primary functions of the Transformer Assembler is to perform finishing operations on transformers in a timely manner to keep planned production moving.
In this function you will:
- Receive work assignments, oral or written instructions from Supervisor.
- Prepare parts and materials for finishing.
- Load and unload parts and materials on conveyors and racks before and after processing.
- Prepare completed parts for delivery to appropriate areas.
- Inspect finished coatings to assure conformance to plant quality standards.
- Maintain safe work environment for self and others.
- Observe all safety rules and hygiene regulations.
- No relocation offered. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Arden, NC in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company Sponsorship
- Previous experience in Fabrication
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.
- Able to lift 35 pounds – waist, shoulder, overhead
- Able to read tape measures
- Able to read blue prints
- Proven history of safe work habits and good attendance.
- Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends.
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No