Mechanical Assembler 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Mechanical Assembler 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Rumford, RI facility.
Shift Hours: 3PM-11PM
Starting Pay Rate: $21.10/hour + $.60/hour shift differential
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- You will work from prints, method sheets, operation sheets, specification sheets, sketches, and/or verbal instructions to produce parts in accordance with acceptable quality and quantity levels.
- You will set up and operate small lathes, automatic machines, drill presses, lapping machines, pneumatic drill presses, hydraulic presses and marking. Perform hydraulic tests on parts and assemblies as specified on methods and verbal instructions in K Department.
- You will perform a variety of secondary machining operations such as turning, boring, chamfering, counterboring, and general assembly work. Prepare, sandblast components and run spot welding machine. Setup by others.
- You will use micrometers, Vernier’s, vacuum check, monochromatic light, optical flat, stops and guides, plug gages, expansion plugs and indicators. Set speeds and feeds, tools, depth gauges, comparators and similar instruments.
- You will machine fixtures, jaws, plugs, and similar parts. Change and reset dull tooling as required. Charge table plates with diamond paste following prescribed methods. Repair parts and finished seals as instructed or directed by Supervisor
- You will be responsible for checking own work after first piece check by Supervisor.
- You will report faulty operation, defective material and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Rumford, RI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to read and interpret complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables
- Experience with precision measurement instrumentation
- Knowledgeable in GD&T
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power ─ today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No