Assembler 2nd Shift (ATS)
Eaton’s Electrical Power Distribution Controls Division is currently seeking Assemblers to join our ATS 1st Shift team. This position will be located at our Arden, NC. facility. Shift Schedule is Monday - Thursday 5:00 am to 3:30 pm.
This is a direct, full-time position that offers full benefits the day you start. In addition to Eaton’s competitive benefits, this position offers a salary of $17.50/hour plus $2 / hour for Shift Differential.
The Assembler will primarily function of the job is to perform assembly, complex and repetitive wiring, and to produce complete sub-assemblies, and final assembly of control equipment. Checks electrical / mechanical performance of completed assemblies. Working from drawings, engineering specifications, and manufacturing information to complete assembly and wiring of control equipment.
In this position you will:
- Determine necessary parts and material and prepares requisition to obtain parts and material from stock
- Prepare wire for assembly by cutting, stripping, and attaching terminals
- Lay out, assemblies, wires, adjusts, fits and modifies parts, components, and sub-assemblies to form completed control assembly
- May be required to lift, bend, ladder work and other forms of movement
- Check electrical / mechanical performance of completed assemblies to ensure conformance to Asheville Plant quality standards and makes necessary adjustments and alignment when required
- Execute engineering and customer changes and makes repairs as required
- Report irregularities or equipment malfunctions to coach and maintain records as required
- Observe all safety and hygiene rules and regulations and maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Arden, NC facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Proven history of safe work habits
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job: lift, bend, ladder work and other forms of movement.
- Must be able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends
- Must be able to read blue prints
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power ─ today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No