Assembler 2nd Shift - Medium Voltage Controls/Drives
Eaton’s Electical Power Distribution is currently seeking Assemblers to join our 2nd Shift team. This position will be located at our Arden, NC facility.
This is a direct, full-time position that offers full benefits the day you start. In addition to Eaton’s competitive benefits, this position offers a salary of $17.50/hour with a $2.00 shift differential.
The Assembler will primarily function of the job is to perform assembly, complex and repetitive wiring, and to produce complete sub-assemblies, and final assembly of control equipment. Checks electrical / mechanical performance of completed assemblies. Working from drawings, engineering specifications, and manufacturing information to complete assembly and wiring of control equipment.
In this function you will:
- Determine necessary parts and material and prepares requisition to obtain parts and material from stock
- Prepare wire for assembly by cutting, stripping, and attaching terminals
- Lay out, assemblies, wires, adjusts, fits and modifies parts, components, and sub-assemblies to form completed control assembly
- May be required to lift, bend, ladder work and other forms of movement
- Check electrical / mechanical performance of completed assemblies to ensure conformance to Asheville Plant quality standards and makes necessary adjustments and alignment when required
- Execute engineering and customer changes and makes repairs as required
- Report irregularities or equipment malfunctions to coach and maintain records as required
- Observe all safety and hygiene rules and regulations and maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Arden, NC facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Proven history of safe work habits
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job: lift, bend, ladder work and other forms of movement.
- Must be able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends
- Must be able to read blue prints
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team