Assembler- 1st Shift
- Pay: $16/hour
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- 401K (6% total match; 4% is 100% and 2% is 50%)
- Vacation (Two Weeks Vacation)
- Hours- 7:00am-3:30pm (Monday-Friday)
The Assembler will timely and accurately build sub-assemblies and assemblies to customer specifications involving complex and repetitive wiring and mechanics for Power Distribution Units (PDU), Remote Power Panels (RPP), Static Transfer Switches (STS), Transformers, Tap Off Boxes and Busway systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to build sub-assemblies and assemblies
- Use heavy industrial equipment, including cranes, winding machines, fabrication, welding and brazing equipment
- Be responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly
- Use various fixtures, gauges, hand tools and power tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product
- Inspect completed assemblies to ensure compliance with quality standards and making necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals
- Adhere to company, environmental, health, safety rules and regulations
- Provide process and safety improvement ideas
- Ensure machines and tools are properly calibrated and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S+
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
Preferred Qualifications: Position Criteria
- Experience in manufacturing, production, packaging or construction, or equivalent education
- Previous experience with standard operating procedures
- Previous experience with product electrical assembly, maintenance and/or repair
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility
- Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures, wiring diagrams and bills of material
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime, willingness to flex to different areas or local plants as needed
- Ability to lift, push and pull 50 lbs
- Ability to use a crane once fully trained to lift items
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position
- Ability to use hand tools and other machines to manipulate metal and or wire
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI PDI
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team