Electro-Mechanical Assembler- 1st Shift
Eaton’s Innovative Switchgear Solutions business is currently seeking an Electro-Mechanical Assembler to join our 1st shift team. This position is based at our Dacono, CO facility.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. We offer skilled manufacturers a starting rate of $21 / hour, with pay progressions annually, and opportunities for advancement.
This position is offering a sign-on bonus of $1,000*, less applicable withholding.
• Bonuses are being offered for a limited time only.
• Associates must be employed at the time of the payout.
• Bonuses will be payable in two installments: $500, less applicable withholding will be paid after three (3) months of employment and the remaining $500, less applicable withholding will be paid after nine (9) months of employment.
As an Electro-Mechanical Assembler, you will be engaged in the highly exacting manufacture of switchgear and related auxiliary products at Eaton's newly acquired Innovative Switchgear Solutions (ISG) business. You will work with other members of the production team and maintain a level of productivity that supports the Master Schedule. While reporting directly to the Production Lead, you will interface with other functions such as Quality, Engineering, and Purchasing.
In this function you will:
- Ensure that products are assembled correctly according to drawings and work instructions.
- Ensure that products meet quality standards, perform intended functions, and are shipped according to customer specifications in a satisfactory manner.
- Perform standard in-process inspections on products, ensuring conformance with drawings and work instructions. If failures occur, contact Quality Engineer.
- Cross check work with contents of traveler in order to ensure that equipment being built meets customer requirements/ specifications.
- Assist in resolving production failures or product issues.
- Perform various electrical and mechanical assembly tasks on production lines using a variety of hand tools and power tools, including torque wrenches, crimpers, painting, cutting, grinding tools, etc.
- Read, understand and follow written work instructions in connection with manufacturing assemblies and sub-assemblies. This includes the ability to provide feedback and process improvements to existing work instructions.
- Maintain and account for production tools and equipment.
- Clean parts/assemblies using solvents and other chemicals as directed in a safe manner.
- High school diploma or G.E.D from an accredited institution
- No relocation will be provided for this role. Candidate must reside within 50 miles of the Dacono facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Two or more years of experience in electrical or mechanical assembly work.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 40 pounds, as well as utilize power lifting mechanisms for heavy objects
- Ability to stand for up to 9 hours per day, kneel, stoop, squat; in addition to use arms, hands, and fingers to inspect objects, tools, and controls
- Ability to perform visual and dimensional inspections upon completion of certain assembly process steps, as well as on incoming component parts
- This position will be first shift, full time, Monday through Friday
- Ability to read schematics, one-line diagrams, blue prints and other manufacturing documentation
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No