Production Assembler - 1st Shift
Hiring Immediately! First shift position; 6:00am-2:30pm, overtime available.
Starting rate of $21/hour; could vary depending on knowledge, experience, education, or specialized training.
Eaton's Electrical Group is seeking a Production Technician for its Panelboard / Switchboard Satellite Operation. The Production Technician position will be located in Hayward, CA. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
The Production Technician is responsible for a wide range of skills including assembling, fit and mount sub-assemblies, components, and standard fixed assemblies in electrical control equipment; performing assembly required for test preparation and final inspection; using established power checking procedures and equipment to verify electrical/mechanical integrity of units assembled.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Assemble panelboards and/or switchboards to customer specification based on electrical drawings, manufacturing schematics, and work instructions with the use of hand and power tools.
- Inspect and test finished products to maintain quality standards and ensure conformance with specifications and codes.
- Communicate and escalate problem areas or parts shortages to ensure jobs are completed on time.
- Perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
- Actively participate and demonstrate competency in health and safety training.
- Maintain equipment, tools, and work area per established 5S guidelines.
- Cross-train and flex across functions based on development and business needs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.#LI-HA1Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Must have a High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year work experience
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the facility will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Mechanical, electrical, warehouse, or related experience
- Completion of a technical vocational program (minimum of 9 months)
- Experience using various tools including: manual/electric/pneumatic tools, drill press, press brake, fork truck, jib crane, template/fixtures, hand carts, measuring and testing equipment, storage/packaging materials and prescribed safety equipment
- Must be able to interact and contribute within a small team environment
- Must be willing to flex according to production demands
- Lift 35lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English in all written and verbal formats (speech, writing, reading)
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team